I entered inThailand with a 30 Days on Arrival, but have left with a Non O Visa

Hello Community

I need an Advice:

I entered recently Thailand with a 30 Days on Arrival Visa -

but have left Thailand more than 6 months ago with a Non O Visa ( 800 K )

I did not make any Re-Entry Permission before I left -

please do not ask me, why ....( long Story )

I did not apply for any new Visa in Europe

I do not know, how to deal with this Situation

Does anyone know a Solution or a most simple Way to re-obtain my Non O Status ?

Cheers and Thanks in Advance

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration and then leave the country before the 90 days ended or did you apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement near the end of the 90 days.

You could apply for another 90 day visa entry at immigration. But if you left during the 90 days your got before they might question you about it.

Thank you very much for your Posting to my Thread

Yes, I got a 90 Days non Immigrant Visa and left without any Re-Emtry Permit.

I am not sure, if such a non immigrant "O" Visa does not automatically include the one Year Extension...

Let us assume a "No" for this Fact:

OK, I will try to apply for another 90 Days Entry at Immigration

I am ready to go through any Questions regarding why I left without a Re-Entry Permit-

but what would be the most reasonable and successfull Answer, why I did so?

I must Add following Fact:

as I lost my Passport the last Time, I just got a temporary Passport from my Embassy.

With this temporary Passport, i applied for the "Non O"

Knowing, I have to apply for a new Passport at Home, this was probably one of the Reasons,

why I did not apply for a Re-Emtry Permit...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bakwan said:

Yes, I got a 90 Days non Immigrant Visa and left without any Re-Emtry Permit.

I am not sure, if such a non immigrant "O" Visa does not automatically include the one Year Extension...

No, I am afraid not. The Non-Imm-O obtained in Thailand is a precursor to applying for the one year extension of stay. It gives one time to facilitate the required financials. You would normally apply for the extension in the last few weeks of the Non-Imm-O Permission to stay. 

• Like 1

Three years ago I left Thailand with an extension for retirement In my passport which expired while I was away.  The extension I had was valid only for the life of the passport naturally. I obtained a new passport In UK and successfully applied for a non imm O visa In London by submitting my old and new passport plus bank books.  

If you are British this should work for you. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Farangdanny said:

Is it possible to apply for a 90 day visa when entering the country or must it be done an an embassy ?:

Only at a embassy or consulate.

Or if you qualify for some extensions of stay you can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at a immigration office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 8:35 AM, ubonjoe said:

There is no automatic extension done after the 90 day entry is stamped.

For refresher as to what is required to apply have a look here. https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323081128.pdf

Note that you will need proof the 800k baht was transferred into the country.

Thank you very much for this Information.

Tomorrow, I will show up at the Immigration Office and ask in Person.

800 k are since Years of my Bank Account therefore...

I will report the Action later here

On 12/31/2019 at 2:25 AM, Bakwan said:

Yes, I got a 90 Days non Immigrant Visa and left without any Re-Entry Permit.

By exiting Thailand without a re-entry permit, you have voided the permission to stay your 90-day Non Imm O - retirement Visa provided you.

So you basically need to start from scratch again.

There are several options, the 2 which are probably most relevant for you being:

a) Apply for a Non Imm O - retirement Visa at a thai embassy/consultate in your home-country (please note that such a Visa may not be available in your home-country);

b) Re-enter Thailand Visa-Exempt or on a Single-Entry Tourist Visa.  Then apply at the local IO of the place where you plan to stay in Thailand for a 90-day Non Imm O - retirement Visa.  This must be done at least 15 days - some IOs require 21 days - before your permission to stay expires.  Note that if you are short on time, you can apply for an extension of stay of your Visa Exempt entry.  Then apply for an extension of stay at that same local IO in the last month of your 90-day Non Imm O - retirement Visa.

You wrote that you already have 800K on a thai bank-account, so you do meet the financials.  However when applying for the 90-day Non Imm O - retirement Visa, you need to provide evidence that that 800K originated from abroad (the international transfer code next to the amounts in your thai bank-book will suffice for that). 

>>> The process you need to go through is actually the same as what retirees on an extension of their OA Visa, have to do to switch to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa (which many are doing to escape the bogus health-insurance scam that an OA - retirement extension now requires).  So I PM-ed you a comprehensive roadmap for doing that, addressing all options/requirements.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2020 at 11:34 AM, ubonjoe said:

Or if you qualify for some extensions of stay you can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at a immigration office.

Thanks Ubonjoe. How to qualify ? And can that then be converted to a 12 month retirement Visa ! Happy New year

2 minutes ago, Farangdanny said:

Thanks Ubonjoe. How to qualify ? And can that then be converted to a 12 month retirement Visa ! Happy New year

Requirements to apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) based upon qualifying for a extension of stay based upon retirement are here. https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323081128.pdf

Then during the last 30 days from the 90 day entry you can apply for a one year extension of stay.

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 11:34 AM, ubonjoe said:

Thank you Ubonjoe. I have another question. Everything I read about border runs/tourist visas(2 allowed) refers to land borders. What effect does a airport departure, arrival, have on this ?