Choosing Thai Costume For A Dinner Party

S a b a i

I was invited to a dinner party in a hotel last week. I would like to dress Thai that look a bit modern (not sparkling one or too traditional nor would not like it to look like a hotel staff or a dancer).

I spent nearly four hours in Central chidlom, Central world and Narai phan. However, I did not find the right one. There are some selling at Narai Phan, but the quality are too low.

What would be your choice of dress and where should you go to look for?

Thank you

try the Phahurat area...theres lots of shops with thai style dresses there. another option would be 'the old siam' plaza (mind you...not to be confused with the siam sqaure area)

also many thai costumes are tailor made. but try out these places you might find something. Im sure there are also other areas where u can find a couple of shops here and there. but the 2 places I suggested has rows of them in one location :o

not sure but perhaps Pratunam may also have such shops?

Getting one made would be the best bet. Depending on the tailors it doesn't have to be expensive ... most tailors in the sois/moo-baans in residential areas are pretty cheap and make Thai designs well. They may not have the fabric though, but just get your own (recommended if going to a fancy tailor in BKK as way cheaper). Not sure of the best place to go, but Pahurat, near Chinatown and opposite Central (and round the corner from Old Siam plaza) has quite a few shops with traditional and modern Thai silk and fabric with ready made outfits, made-to-order, or just buy the fabric and get it maid at your own tailor. The year before last I got a full-on fancy outfit made for Loy Krathing which included elaborate embroidery and pleated skirt which cost 1500 for making it (incl embroidery) at the tailor in my moo-baan something that is less fancy should cost less.