Crazy Dave

Asiacat

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds about right for Crazy Dave. As said the miracle is that he is still alive as he's been drunk for nigh on 20 years straight. Also like many long time Pattaya residents he has no teeth.

He has survived with a number of cafés in a number of locals by the simple ploy of being the cheapest. The food is English type 'grub' and fine. There is little you can do wrong to egg bacon and chips.

If you can't stand Dave then as said next door is Canterbury Tales, owner also called Dave, which does much the same food for 50% more.

As a matter of interest the place across the road that advertises itself as 'your local Chinky' is also owned by Dave and was the original Canterbury Tales café until they took over the bookshop and moved over the road.

He is not the cheapest. AS I have said Seaside 2 is much cheaper.

Crazy Dave = CD = "Currently Drunk"

I am a beliver in speak as you find, my first and only and last experience of CD was just amazing!

On the way home after a great night out at around 4 am My Brother and I called in to this establishment for some very needy breackfast.

We orderd our food and after a lot of hasle and a considerable wait we were given wot I can only describe as pigs swill.

All the food was coverd in a very yellow sticky fat also the bacon had gone off and I heaved as soon as it went in my mouth and emidiately spat it out.

Now the really nasty taste that I had in my mouth was exagerated by the said Crazy Dave and about four of his bald fat mates watching all this and laughing at us.

Now as it was 4am and we were quite merry I had to sit on my brother as he wanted to kill people,he was only on holiday and was not quite aware of the iminent dangers of fighting at 4 in the morning with people of this type.

I spoke to the CD and politely complained about the bacon only to be ridiculed by all the fat bald mates and was told by CD that there was nothing wrong with the bacon as he had been selling it all "week"(I guess thats why it was off)

So with out any malice on my part.

DONT GOTO THIS PLACE IT SHOULD HAVE HEALTH WARNINGS

Crazy Dave = CD = "Currently Drunk"

I am a beliver in speak as you find, my first and only and last experience of CD was just amazing!

On the way home after a great night out at around 4 am My Brother and I called in to this establishment for some very needy breackfast.

We orderd our food and after a lot of hasle and a considerable wait we were given wot I can only describe as pigs swill.

All the food was coverd in a very yellow sticky fat also the bacon had gone off and I heaved as soon as it went in my mouth and emidiately spat it out.

Now the really nasty taste that I had in my mouth was exagerated by the said Crazy Dave and about four of his bald fat mates watching all this and laughing at us.

Now as it was 4am and we were quite merry I had to sit on my brother as he wanted to kill people,he was only on holiday and was not quite aware of the iminent dangers of fighting at 4 in the morning with people of this type.

I spoke to the CD and politely complained about the bacon only to be ridiculed by all the fat bald mates and was told by CD that there was nothing wrong with the bacon as he had been selling it all "week"(I guess thats why it was off)

So with out any malice on my part.

DONT GOTO THIS PLACE IT SHOULD HAVE HEALTH WARNINGS

That Dave sounds like real charmer.

I shall certainly be visiting his fine establishment on my next visit to Patters! :o

• 4 weeks later...

Sabotage to Crazy Dave’s?

Popular Bar Accused of Food Poisoning, What is the Motive?

Mrs. Warin Lee Philips (Linda), Owner of Crazy Dave’s International Bar & Diner located in Soi Chaiyaphool, off Pattaya 3rd Road, went to Pattaya Police Station at noon on 2nd May to make a report on libel and being threatened by a foreigner.

Mrs. Warin stated that on 19th April a European couple came into the bar for dinner in the evening and left at approximately 8.30 pm. Later at 1 am that night the husband returned to the bar claiming that his wife was in hospital due to food poisoning from the venue and demanded payment of 68,900 Baht as compensation.

Mrs. Warin refused paying such an amount for something that the venue wasn’t responsible for, because she can guarantee that all the food served is clean and fresh. She said, “The wife might have had something not fresh somewhere else because there is no way that the food at Crazy Dave’s could be poisoning”.

Later on the 28th April the same man returned and threatened that if Mrs. Warin refused to pay; he would expose Crazy Dave’s in a very bad way and ruin the venue’s reputation.

He then spread out flyers in English saying:

“Warning: Do not eat at Crazy Dave’s. My wife did and got food poisoning then was rushed to the hospital and stayed for 2 days, which cost 48,900 Baht. When I told him; he and his wife laughed at me.”

“The message spread out was accusing my venue to be serving bad quality food, which is not true, and it is defamation. This is why I am here to make a report and requesting the officers to proceed according to the law with the man who defamed my restaurant” Mrs. Warin stated.

The police recorded all statements and kept the example of the note as evidence and will search for the foreigner to invite him in for questioning at the station to find the truth of what had really happened.

Pattaya People Media Group staff has many times dined at Crazy Dave’s and have always found the food to be of a very high standard. One could speculate that competitor restaurants would have a benefit in stirring up trouble like this for Crazy Dave’s who is very successful selling food and beverages at extremely low prices.

Source: http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...;IdArticle=5591

That last bit reeks, Crazy Dave just happens to advertise with Pattaya People.

I went to 'Crazy Daves, after seeing the TV ad, the grub was okay, not the cheapest and far from the best,

I thought Dave was okay, if a bit of a prat ( I mean who in their right mind is pished as a fruit fly at 8 in the morning)

Only went the once though, (I can eat an English breakfast anytime at home)

If the bloke has been serving breakfast for 20 years, he has got to be doing something right, I think

I thought the 'seaside' was better and Greggs, but hey Ho, they are all the same..............bacon, eggs (any style) beans, tomatoes, sausage, toast, jam or marmalde, not many serve real coffee or 'top ups, or even a decent size cup :D and all serve 'fortnight tea' :o

Food at Crazy Dave's is shocking,the place is a total shit pit with a tool as the owner.

Best Fish and Chips in Town is Leeroys opposite. Two long pieces of fresh fish (can't eat it all . Take one piece Home) English style chips. Great batter and even the Mushy Peas are nice.....99bht!

Right mates? Yaaaaaaah!

Sabotage to Crazy Dave's?

Popular Bar Accused of Food Poisoning, What is the Motive?

Mrs. Warin Lee Philips (Linda), Owner of Crazy Dave's International Bar & Diner located in Soi Chaiyaphool, off Pattaya 3rd Road, went to Pattaya Police Station at noon on 2nd May to make a report on libel and being threatened by a foreigner.

Mrs. Warin stated that on 19th April a European couple came into the bar for dinner in the evening and left at approximately 8.30 pm. Later at 1 am that night the husband returned to the bar claiming that his wife was in hospital due to food poisoning from the venue and demanded payment of 68,900 Baht as compensation.

Mrs. Warin refused paying such an amount for something that the venue wasn't responsible for, because she can guarantee that all the food served is clean and fresh. She said, "The wife might have had something not fresh somewhere else because there is no way that the food at Crazy Dave's could be poisoning".

Later on the 28th April the same man returned and threatened that if Mrs. Warin refused to pay; he would expose Crazy Dave's in a very bad way and ruin the venue's reputation.

He then spread out flyers in English saying:

"Warning: Do not eat at Crazy Dave's. My wife did and got food poisoning then was rushed to the hospital and stayed for 2 days, which cost 48,900 Baht. When I told him; he and his wife laughed at me."

"The message spread out was accusing my venue to be serving bad quality food, which is not true, and it is defamation. This is why I am here to make a report and requesting the officers to proceed according to the law with the man who defamed my restaurant" Mrs. Warin stated.

The police recorded all statements and kept the example of the note as evidence and will search for the foreigner to invite him in for questioning at the station to find the truth of what had really happened.

Pattaya People Media Group staff has many times dined at Crazy Dave's and have always found the food to be of a very high standard. One could speculate that competitor restaurants would have a benefit in stirring up trouble like this for Crazy Dave's who is very successful selling food and beverages at extremely low prices.

Source: http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...;IdArticle=5591

That last bit reeks, Crazy Dave just happens to advertise with Pattaya People.

Well the last paragraph sums up the Pattaya People news and TV channel

Perhaps this is a note from the management to reporting staff

"Dave is a good paying advertiser with us, we like his money so make something up to divert the attention."

• 10 months later...

I sometimes eat breakfast at CD's, often about 2pm. I find the 65 bht breakfast to be very good quality & excellent value.

HOWEVER, on my last day before returning home, my TGF accompanied me. She ordered thai food which is brought in from the Thai restaurant a few doors away past Canterbury Tales.

Upon enjoying her noodle soup or whatever it was for a while she suddenly stopped eating and started poking it. On enquiring what was the problem, she fished out a green elastic band!

In England i would have refused point blank to pay for that soup, but TIT & we all know if you order it, you pay! So i offered 50%. The waitress went running off down the road with the remaining bowl of soup + foreign body, coming back saying they had said "It was impossible" but pay 85bht against the (i think 110bht), so i did for a quiet life.

This in no way reflects on the food at CD's establishent as it was "bought in".

....I,ve never been to Crazy Daves or know him for that matter,....but to be fair to"Crazy Dave".....Its not as if with a name like his and an advert that makes it clear what kind of boozer it is,......what did u expect???.... :D:D:D:o

I sometimes eat breakfast at CD's, often about 2pm. I find the 65 bht breakfast to be very good quality & excellent value.

HOWEVER, on my last day before returning home, my TGF accompanied me. She ordered thai food which is brought in from the Thai restaurant a few doors away past Canterbury Tales.

Upon enjoying her noodle soup or whatever it was for a while she suddenly stopped eating and started poking it. On enquiring what was the problem, she fished out a green elastic band!

In England i would have refused point blank to pay for that soup, but TIT & we all know if you order it, you pay! So i offered 50%. The waitress went running off down the road with the remaining bowl of soup + foreign body, coming back saying they had said "It was impossible" but pay 85bht against the (i think 110bht), so i did for a quiet life.

Cheapskate! The rubber band was extra!

Cheapskate! The rubber band was extra!

Accidents happen. I was giving a dinner party at home and one of the guests found a rubber band in her food! And then there was the the Xmas turkey - while carving found the giblets still in plastic bag!! But my motto is always get guests drunk before meal.

I agree with Luckydog on this one. NEEYROYS directly opposite CDs is far better, the fish n chips are gorgeous for 99 bt. The staff are decent and friendly. Last time i went i did catch a glimse of the man himself Crazy dave, its a wonder he is still alive, he looked ever so thin and really really tall, i heard he was warned to stay off the chang beer a few years back - sounds like he did not take the doctors advise. Stay clear of that place, its a load of rubbish. Who wants to sit eating whilst the owner is shouting abuse and then when you get home after eating his food, your glued to the toilet for hours - disgusting.

Say what you will but I have always had good service and decent cheap food at Dave's. Go occasionally for the greasy B65 breakfast and sometimes spot Dave with his bottle of beer at the bar. He's always been well behaved when I have been there and his staff are all very nice.

I agree with Luckydog on this one. NEEYROYS directly opposite CDs is far better, the fish n chips are gorgeous for 99 bt. The staff are decent and friendly. Last time i went i did catch a glimse of the man himself Crazy dave, its a wonder he is still alive, he looked ever so thin and really really tall, i heard he was warned to stay off the chang beer a few years back - sounds like he did not take the doctors advise. Stay clear of that place, its a load of rubbish. Who wants to sit eating whilst the owner is shouting abuse and then when you get home after eating his food, your glued to the toilet for hours - disgusting.

I have eaten at crazys on numerous occasions and never had any problems like being glued to the toilet.. Also the times i have seen him he has always been polite and on occasions even sends over a round drinks. Never been overcharged - and the JD is actually JD. I f i was crazy dave i would hunt you down for your slanderous statements - disguisting!

Say what you will but I have always had good service and decent cheap food at Dave's. Go occasionally for the greasy B65 breakfast and sometimes spot Dave with his bottle of beer at the bar. He's always been well behaved when I have been there and his staff are all very nice.

Same as that - no problems with either the host or his food. Every time I've been there I've never had a problem.

just my tuppence.......been there a few times and no craziness,very dissappointed i was.food cheap and ok...dave quiet when i was there,didnt shout at me once even when i parked me bike in front(maybe coz im 6ft 3 and built like a tank might have something to do with it).i presumed he wasnt drunk,well not really drunk yet.only moan is that damned fools and horses on the box everytime....thats put me off...would drive me crazy too :D

ps neeroys fish/chips real good value and a treat when you aint had it for months/years(fish and chips that is :o ........not the other)

I have eaten at crazys on numerous occasions and never had any problems like being glued to the toilet.. Also the times i have seen him he has always been polite and on occasions even sends over a round drinks. Never been overcharged - and the JD is actually JD. I f i was crazy dave i would hunt you down for your slanderous statements - disguisting!

He'd have to hunt me down too then, because I couldnt agree more with pattaya gurl.. Ive been sick from Crazy Daves food. Never again..

"Slanderous Statements" - I thought everyone was entitled to their own opinion? I thought thats what a discussion forum was for.

Just because you have had a good experience at CD's, doesn't mean everyone else has.. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Also - correction - Its 'Disgusting' , not disguisting. :o

Thankyou megken it seems there are quite a lot of people with our same views - and as for the previous remark that he would hunt me down, i think i am a faster runner than he is judging by the looks of him. Give me NEEROYS anyday - the food is value for money, the staff are polite, the place is clean, and nobody is drunk.

He'd have to hunt me down too then, because I couldnt agree more with pattaya gurl.. Ive been sick from Crazy Daves food. Never again..

"Slanderous Statements" - I thought everyone was entitled to their own opinion? I thought thats what a discussion forum was for.

Just because you have had a good experience at CD's, doesn't mean everyone else has.. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Also - correction - Its 'Disgusting' , not disguisting. :o

YEAH !! watch your spelling buster,...or I'll come round your house and critisize your curtains :D

Does anyone remember a few years back when Crazy Dave tried to drum up support to change the name of the Soi to guess what...................................................................'SOI CRAZY DAVE'

:o

Crazy daves will be still there when some of us kick the bucket or go home.I have been a few times for the brekkie and dave has been piddled then.i dont go in the place now as i dont want my 7 yo son to see a nutter like dave.we all have choices and i am sure cd has many friends over the years to keep him in business.

dont knock the place just dont go.