Strange Thai Omlette

roger101

Last night in Pattaya I had a meal in Chunky Monkey in Pattaya (not my choice but I was with a friend). Not being particularly hungry I ordered Thai Omelette with Pork with side order of Chips. Thinking I wont eat all the chips just a few. It was a good idea I did.

The omelette came,looked good and I at a small mouthful cut from the edge, Delicious, but the next mouthful was unexpected it had peas and carrots in with the pork and was extremely wet. What made it even worse was that it was sweet.

It seemed like someone was cooking a stew and thought save cooking a portion of pork for the omelette I'll just add a bit of the stew. Anyway I just ate a bit of the omelette from the edge and left the rest and finished the chips. With the amount of liquid in with the pork it made he omelette soggy and what with it's sweetness I found it uneatable.

I have eaten Thai Omelette with Pork many times over the years and have never had it stuffed with peas and carrots with lots of liquid.

Has any one else found this?

PS My mate had a Pork Chop with potatoes and gravy and said it was delicious.

On 1/23/2020 at 7:11 AM, Oxx said:

It sounds like you got khày yát sây (an omelette stuffed with a minced pork and vegetable mixture), rather than khày ciaw mǔu sàp (omelette with minced pork in it).

Thanks for that. So it wasn't a mistake in the kitchen, it was a mistake on the menu. Next time I order it I'll look for Pork Omelette instead of Thai Omelette with Pork.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:59 AM, roger101 said:

Delicious, but the next mouthful was unexpected it had peas and carrots in with the pork and was extremely wet. What made it even worse was that it was sweet.

Stuffed omlette. My favoutite.