Bank Statements

Hello,

first post so a big hello to everyone. I have a bit of a guilty secret to make. I recently used fake bank statements I purchased in order to secure a visa for my girlfriend to come over to the UK. We now have the visa and everything is going great. But I'm slightly worried immigration will review the case and perhaps check with my bank or something. Does anyone know the likelyhood of this happening?

Sammy

Edited by Sammy1234

Yes, they will probably check and you will go to jail for a very very long time,

Best of luck to you,

Mark

P.s. If you drop the soap, leave it on the floor................... :o

Edited by markr

If you can't stand the heat.....

I'm sure your worrying for nothing, unless of course Embassy staff chech this site and see your ID and put 2+2!!!

Why admit to it??

When I submitted my bank statements I wasn't totally honest, I'm auctually a multi millionaire - well in Zambia maybe!!

All the best.

Jimmy

Yes, they will probably check and you will go to jail for a very very long time,

Best of luck to you,

Mark

P.s. If you drop the soap, leave it on the floor................... :o

Thats fcukin gold mate!

PMSL!

And to the OP, I seriously doubt they would check, unless your relationship ends or so on. And if they do, that kind of info is hard to obtain in some cases, I wouldn't worry. Only worry if you get locked up and drop the soap, that's what saop on a rope is for :D

Edited by aussiestyle1983

It is unlikely that the bank statements will be double-checked unless immigration at the airport have reason to do so. However, should the deception come to light, your girlfriend may be treated as an illegal entrant, and you may be arrested and charged with facilitating her entry to the UK. The last time I checked, that's a maximum of 10 years in pokey.

It brings to mind a recent matter which was brought to my attention of a British lady who married a Moroccan chap. They didn't want to wait for his settlement visa to be processed, so they bought him a forged French passport. The forgery was detected upon arrival in the UK, and solely because of their impatience, they're both now on remand pending their respective court cases.

Scouse.

Op's post does not indicate if g/f has traveled yet?

Once she is in the UK, the only issue is whether the misrepresentation was material and whether she later becomes a financial burden in the UK, said misrepresentation thus becoming "material"

Was the visa granted based on the financial representations? Was a sponsorship or guarantee involved and did that have an overriding function to the decision to grant the visa?

Thorny questions, mostly speculative, totally unpredictable as to what will be done by authorities, if anything.

Many choose not to act as you did in order to be free of the worry. Your worries are the price you pay for being underhanded.

One without a conscience deals better with what you have done, evidently your worries are conscience based, a lesson to guide you in the future.

Once she is in the UK, the only issue is whether the misrepresentation was material and whether she later becomes a financial burden in the UK, said misrepresentation thus becoming "material"

Qualification for most types of visa involves a demonstration that the applicant can either support his/herself, or be supported by a third party. Submission of either counterfeit or forged bank statements for the purposes of getting a visa is therefore material to the grant of the visa. Should the deception come to light, it is probable that the visa holder would not be refused entry, but would, instead, be treated as an illegal entrant, against which there is no right of in-country appeal.

You also have the criminal issue of fraud/obtaining services by deception/uttering a false instrument (these descriptions have changed now but I'm unaware of how the new fraud act defines them) in relation to the visa holder, and the facilitation charge in relation to the sponsor.

Scouse.