Passport change during application for UK visa

My wife is currently here in UK on a visitor visa. We are going to apply for a settlement visa soon.

I would like her to take the A1 English test here in UK and the TB test the day she returns to Thailand (our home in Thailand is 350kms from Bangkok so would be convenient to do this same day or next day to save return journey).

The problem is that her Thai passport expires in September. The timing is thus she will not have time to apply for a new passport here in UK before her return to Thailand. The time it takes for a settlement visa means her passport will be all but expired before she gets it.

Would there be an issue if she took the English and TB test using her current passport number and then finalised her visa application using a new one?

Thanks.

Edited by puchooay

How much longer is she in the UK for? My wife has just applied for a new passport in London and it takes six weeks. When do you plan on applying for the settlement visa? This must have happened before and I can't imagine that it will be a problem. After passing the A1 they send your wife a reference number to use on the application. You might need to use her current passport to apply but it wouldn’t make any difference for the main settlement visa application.

I just had a look at the requirements for the TB test that my wife took in February 2016 and they maybe different. You might need a new passport for that. I can't find the actual TB certificate although its not far away to see if my wife's passport number is on it.

It says this in the guidance:

3. Passport Number: This number should be the one shown in the passport you wish to use.
หมายเลขหนังสือเดินทาง:ให้ใส่หมายเลขหนังสือเดินทางให้ตรงกับหนังสือเดินทางเล่มปัจจุบันของท่าน
4. Passport Issue Date: In dd/mm/yyyy format วันที่อนุมัติหนังสือเดินทาง
5. Passport Expiry Date: In dd/mm/yyyy format วันหมดอายุหนังสือเดินทาง

1 hour ago, rasg said:

How much longer is she in the UK for? My wife has just applied for a new passport in London and it takes six weeks. When do you plan on applying for the settlement visa? This must have happened before and I can't imagine that it will be a problem. After passing the A1 they send your wife a reference number to use on the application. You might need to use her current passport to apply but it wouldn’t make any difference for the main settlement visa application.

I just had a look at the requirements for the TB test that my wife took in February 2016 and they maybe different. You might need a new passport for that. I can't find the actual TB certificate although its not far away to see if my wife's passport number is on it.

It says this in the guidance:

3. Passport Number: This number should be the one shown in the passport you wish to use.
หมายเลขหนังสือเดินทาง:ให้ใส่หมายเลขหนังสือเดินทางให้ตรงกับหนังสือเดินทางเล่มปัจจุบันของท่าน
4. Passport Issue Date: In dd/mm/yyyy format วันที่อนุมัติหนังสือเดินทาง
5. Passport Expiry Date: In dd/mm/yyyy format วันหมดอายุหนังสือเดินทาง

Thanks for your reply.

So...looks like we can go ahead with the A1 test. Maybe then apply for passport in BKK and then TB followed by application.

That said, the Thai script in relation to the TB test does just say "Current passport". 

I believe there is a requirement to send copies of previous visas. This includes those in old passports. 

Copy of old passport with explanation along with new passport would maybe work???

Difficult to contact the authorities on such matters so was hoping to find someone who has been through this before. If we can;t then we will go the sure way and get a new passport first.

Thanks for you help. 

Anyone else with experience, your thoughts would be most welcome.