Action to be taken against teachers taking money from students

geovalin

The Education Ministry will begin to take action against teachers who demand money from students, according to an official. Ministry spokesman Dy Kamboly on Monday at a press conference said the practice is not in line with the ministry’s principles.

“If you receive information about teachers collecting money from students in any school, please tell me directly,” Mr Kamboly said, noting the ministry will take action against teachers who continue the practice, referring to administrative punishments. Public school teachers in the Kingdom earn from $300 to $450 per month, according to the ministry.

A mother of a five-year-old kindergarten student, who declined to be named, said on Tuesday that teachers do not force payments from students and parents, but money is given to show appreciation. “I give $10 per month to my daughter’s teacher,” the mother said. “[The teacher] did not say how much I have to give, but I wanted the teacher to pay close attention and take care of my daughter so I give her money every month and I am happy to do so.”

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50690278/action-to-be-taken-against-teachers-taking-money-from-students