Financials visa ext. Prachinburi

I spent an hour with the lady boss at the Prachinburi Immigration department. I’m from the UK and my visa extension runs out next month, last year I used the lumpsum method which was OK, but at that time I asked if I could use the income method (as my pension in paid annually 4 weeks before my extension runs out, giving no time for seasoning) I also had already wanted to change from a Thai wife ext to supporting my son, because my wife works in Bangkok and I would prefer to see her rather having to take her to immigration for the extension. 

I was told it’s a big deal to change financial categories and that I needed a letter from my pension provider stating my monthly pension and my embassy confirm it was genuine, I didn’t think I could go this route.

I then suggested that I move a lumpsum over and ask for a 60-day extension to visit my wife, hence, giving me the seasoning time, they were not keen saying it should only be used for an emergency, not sure what constitutes an emergency.  

The final solution is that I move the money across and as it to support my son it does not need seasoning. The lady boss was very good at trying to seek a solution rather than cause problems.

The new (for me) documents I need include TM30 and 90 days, plus a copy of the documents.

If I understand correctly you will transfer 400K and then apply for the extension of stay of your original Non Imm O Visa but this time for reason of 'support for dependant child'.  And since that reason does not require seasoning for 2 months of these funds before the application, you are good to go. 

Your last sentence is not clear for me.

Do you need to provide proof of a TM30 and a 90-days report being filed?

On 2/28/2020 at 4:42 PM, Peter Denis said:

If I understand correctly you will transfer 400K and then apply for the extension of stay of your original Non Imm O Visa but this time for reason of 'support for dependant child'.  And since that reason does not require seasoning for 2 months of these funds before the application, you are good to go. 

Your last sentence is not clear for me.

Do you need to provide proof of a TM30 and a 90-days report being filed?

1. Yes that right

2. Yes you need to copy your TM30, 90 days and TM6 and supply them with the application

Edited by colinchaffers
  • Thanks 1