My Hair Has Stopped Falling Out!

CymruAmByth

It has just dawned on me (after 4 years of living LOS) that after showering there is no longer the equivalent of a small dog's worth of hair on the floor. This used to be the cause of much concern in the UK, but now I would go head-to-head with George Clooney in the Full Head Of Hair contest!

Also, if I sit really still, I'm convinced I can see my fingernails growing at an alarmingly fast rate.

Anyone else noticed similar changes since living here??

PS...YES, I am bored stiff today :o

Yes, after only 6 months here, i'm noticing a number of changes ........

I agree with the Nails, but sadly, my hair has started falling out at an increasing pace.

I've never really noticed the 'poodle in the plughole', but I've not had to brush or comb my hair for many a month :o

On the positive side, I have lost nearly 3 stone without even trying ........ and i'm happier & healthy (ish).

It has just dawned on me (after 4 years of living LOS) that after showering there is no longer the equivalent of a small dog's worth of hair on the floor. This used to be the cause of much concern in the UK, but now I would go head-to-head with George Clooney in the Full Head Of Hair contest!

Also, if I sit really still, I'm convinced I can see my fingernails growing at an alarmingly fast rate.

Well ,Im pleased to see this topic...thought I was going Ga Ga. My hair which always grew at a regular rate over these 67 years has now slowed right down...tough on the barber!,but both my finger and toenails are growing at a rate of knots..need to sharpen up the clippers. Ive been here 5 months now.

Yes, after only 6 months here, i'm noticing a number of changes ........

I agree with the Nails, but sadly, my hair has started falling out at an increasing pace.

I've never really noticed the 'poodle in the plughole', but I've not had to brush or comb my hair for many a month :o

On the positive side, I have lost nearly 3 stone without even trying ........ and i'm happier & healthy (ish).

What's the 3 stone secret?

Whilst I am delighted about my Woolly Mammoth tendancies on the hair front, the midriff is growing as fast as the fingernails!

Edited by CymruAmByth

Well I've always quite liked Chinese food .... but until moving here, I honestly didn't know how much I'd love Thai food.

Intially though, I trained myself to stay within a 20 metre range of a 'safe' toilet, now however things have calmed down considerably i'm glad to say :o

Also, moving here from Italy (where again I had a fondness for food) helped I guess. Pasta like 'momma' makes, does tend to give you a waistline like 'Momma' has!

Well I've always quite liked Chinese food .... but until moving here, I honestly didn't know how much I'd love Thai food.

Intially though, I trained myself to stay within a 20 metre range of a 'safe' toilet, now however things have calmed down considerably i'm glad to say :o

Also, moving here from Italy (where again I had a fondness for food) helped I guess. Pasta like 'momma' makes, does tend to give you a waistline like 'Momma' has!

Thanks, but unfortunately...no help to me.

I think I will stay in and watch my fingernails grow instead of watching the Tiger beer disappear from my glass. That might help!

Whilst I am delighted about my Woolly Mammoth tendancies on the hair front, the midriff is growing as fast as the fingernails!

There's your answer - better nutrition :o .

Yep...correct.

Laziness and the ability to pick up the phone for a Subway along with no excercise is having an effect.

Still delighted about the hair though!

Agree. Hair and nails grow faster, skin is softer, never had any skin complaints, except dry patches near my tail bone that I put down to sitting in cane chairs. Used raw aloe vera on that and on the occasional sunburn. Some folks say the humidity cleared up their excema. Funny, after many, many years in Asia, I'm back in Canada and after several months, developed a weird excema-like rash on one palm and one heel. Never had it in my whole life. Wish I was back in the jungle.

I've been here over 7 years, and never had my hair cut since that 7 years. They stay at same length. It's not getting more or less. Have a ponytail most of time (so a bit long)... and yep, nails do grow fast!

Always wondered why my hair stopped getting longer.....

Its because when you were in the UK you used thispost-15680-1175950987.jpg

wash & go

Washed your hair and it went :D

Me too ! my hair has stopped falling , im now completly bald. marvelous !

When I'm in the tropics or Far East in general I grow in lenght !

I would estimate about 0,5-1,0 cms/month. Weird indeed.

Think it's the humidity which causes growth because of more 'water' in the body.

The odd thing is I slim down as well.

LaoPo

:o

3 Stone in Kilo

The 'old' imperial measure of weight in the UK, still used by us 'oldies' well me anyway :o

Turns out it's only 19 kilo's ......... so infact I lost more than that ..... around 22 kilos from my first weigh in.

Have to admit that 'some' of it is making a return though.

Pony tails on men are just wrong.

To add to this, I find my hair grows quicker, (or is it because they are cheaper) but small wounds heal slower. A cut on my leg took forever to cure.

Dirk, you have to carry a mini bottle of Betadyne (iodine; about Bt25 and as small as a lighter) with you at all times. As soon as you get a cut or scrape, blob a bit of Betadyne on it and let it dry. Follow up after each shower. The wound dries up quickly and the immediate application saves you from getting infections. How long you been in Thailand? :o

Its because when you were in the UK you used thispost-15680-1175950987.jpg

wash & go

Washed your hair and it went :D

You know, you might just be onto something! I did use that <deleted> in the UK :D

been off line for a while....so come late to this topic.....the odd thing is....yesterday i posted a letter to my aged mother, telling her that

my nails are growing at a fantastic rate,,,,and that they are VERY hard to cut........

my hair is growing thickly again...

my weight has fallen by more than four stones over the last 6 years

and i am more than pleased when people who knew me before ,tell me that I look much younger now...

whooooo whoooooo!!

i wot not if is the diet or the weather,the removal of stress.....and I care not why....shall just accept the benefits without question...............

PS...to the OP....shw mae, butt!