Eat As Much As You Can For 99bht Places

Luckydog

If you decide to try one of these seemingly fantastic value eateries, beware!

True the food is good usually and very cheap. BUT THEY WILL STING YOU ON THE DRINKS!

I paid 120 bht for a small bottle of water! (Near Big C Naklua)

If they didn't theres no way they could stay in business I suppose.......

True the food is good usually and very cheap. BUT THEY WILL STING YOU ON THE DRINKS!

if you want a good one try Soi Nern Plap Waan (suk 53) as you come up from sukhumvit road its the turning on the right just before the Ayutaya bank, they have dropped there price to 79 baht now, open about 5.30 every day. The drinks are dirt cheap aswell, i have probably eaten there once a week for the last 3 years and never had anything to complain about.

BB

This marketing practice is nothing new in the food industry and is used in some of the fast food burger places like McDonalds and Burger King. Many of their burgers are priced at or below cost knowing that they will make their profit on the high profit items like fries, drinks and desserts that people order along with the burgers.

Well, they do want to stay in business, they have to make money on something or you wouldnt be enjoying their food for long, but just have the one drink, then go to a bar.

But just remenber a qoute TANSTAFL, (theres no such thing as a free lunch) somewhere, someone has got to make up the short fall, or they wouldnt be trading

The resturants in the UK mark up wine to ridiculous extent, and even charge you 'corkage' if you take your own, I guess they do the same in the LOS, dont know what they would do if you wandered in with a crate of Singa/water though :o

Edited by pepsi666

I have been to one up on 3rd road and it was great. The food was good and the water was not 120 baht a bottle. You did have to pay extra if you wanted stuff like King Prawns but all in all a nice cheap meal. :o:D