Covid-19: Tourists being checked LEAVING Thailand after cases found abroad

webfact

1 hour ago, djayz said:

Noticed this evening before entering the Airport Rail Link system at Phayathai that a family of four white tourists had to have their temperature measured / controlled using one of those gun-like devices held to the head. I was, however, surprised that the three Asians and myself, who were next in the queue, were allowed to pass through without being controlled. Looks like they really are focusing on those leaving the country. 

I had one of those done on me today. I registered 32. My friends around 33. 

No idea what it actually measures though. Certainly not temperature. Unless they mean actual day temperature.

22 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I had one of those done on me today. I registered 32. My friends around 33. 

No idea what it actually measures though. Certainly not temperature. Unless they mean actual day temperature.

Obviously not accurate as you would be in hypothermia !! if that was correct.

10 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

I note the scanner is made by Flir,when i used a thermal camera in Aussie for termite detection,this company was quite a new player,but even then i was impressed with it product,lighter and in colour unlike my bulky bugeye device,i think there shares will have gone through the roof.

FLIR has been around since the 1970’s, and are the dominant manufacturer of high-precision thermal imaging equipment.  

IMOP,I wouldn't want someone with  habitual  coughing and sneezing sitting next to me,safety first !

For those who are sick you got some nerve ,flying. Many airlines would rather you not fly and I expect they wouldn't charge a fee for rescheduling.

For those who don't know you have been infected  be prepared to have your temperature  checked

23 hours ago, justin case said:

too bad people don't know UV light can kill things, not silly sprays...

you know they use special uv machine to de-infect operating rooms, right

They are known as ozone generators.two types,uv light or corona discharge units.you can buy them on eBay.they work on the principle of generating O3 and attatch to other molecules and the 3rd atom of O3 frees itself to the bacteria or virus and kills it.