DTAC Covid-19 Insurance Free With Data Add-On

Greenside

DTAC just sent me details on a promotion for add-on data to my mobile package.  95 baht a month for 12 months buys 5Gb on top of your current plan and, a lot more interestingly, insurance in the case of getting Covid-19.  I don't need the data but for 95 baht a month the insurance looks pretty good and is open to foreigners as well as Thais.  The only obvious limitation I see is that the payment on the daily room rate is very low (see 1.1) but the rest of the benefits are useful for those without general medical insurance.  Here's the page with details.

What do you think?

It's 1,282.93 baht per annum for the 5 GB per month package, equating to 106.91 baht per month.

If rolling monthly, as opposed to annual, it is 105.93 baht per 30 days for a 500 MB allowance.

But it does seem as if a Pink ID card is a requirement. Best to check beforehand.

Small print is important.

On 3/15/2020 at 1:58 PM, Greenside said:

I just completed the sign up and you're right about the amount - most of the phone and internet suppliers headline prices that don't include the VAT.  It's billed monthly recurring as far as I can see.

What sort of ID were you required to present to sign up?

Done online and just full name, address, phone number and pink card ID number as far as I know (my stepson did it for me).  BTW, it's billed for 12 months and not monthly as I stated above.  It will recur automatically so diary a cancellation next March!

Edited by Greenside