Student rallies don’t worry Wissanu

webfact

By The Nation

800_e1e9881fe3341e5.jpg?v=1584084836

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said on Friday (March 13) he is not concerned about the student pro-democracy rallies continuing in several locales in the country.

In the latest, students gathered around the Kamphaeng Phet MRT station in Bangkok on Friday before marching to Parliament to demand amendments to the Constitution, which they believe was rewritten to sustain military control of the government.

“I have no problem with their rallying,” Wissanu said. “The government has never prevented student political movements.

“However, I have to ask what they expect to accomplish today, since Parliament is closed and they might not be allowed into the building.”

Energy Minister Sontirat Sontijirawong said the movement had to obey the law. Besides, he said, it is the job of Parliament to resolve political issues.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384006

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-13
  • Haha 1

“I have no problem with their rallying,” Wissanu said. “The government has never prevented student political movements.

Unbelievable. And how did that happen when tanks killed many of them?

The Thammasat University Massacre already forgotten? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

So Wissanu is not worried about the student demos... Well mate you should be, as the younger generation will not tolerate all the shenanigans of you and your geriatric cronies, they want you gone.

Including Pinocchio and Khun Naalighaar. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, colinneil said:

So Wissanu is not worried about the student demos... Well mate you should be, as the younger generation will not tolerate all the shenanigans of you and your geriatric cronies, they want you gone.

I strongly suspect the only reason he has made this comment is because he is in fact fearful of the gatherings, very, very fearful.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, webfact said:

“However, I have to ask what they expect to accomplish today,

Media attention  for one thing....

You can get rid of individuals, [one way or another] but thousands of students marching against you is going to be tricky to handle!

18 hours ago, webfact said:

You could replace the words ‘student rallies’ with any problem Thailand has right now. Covid19, corruption in the government, drug dealing ministers, etc. 

Nothing seems to worry this abhorrent gang of crooks. 

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

You could replace the words ‘student rallies’ with any problem Thailand has right now. Covid19, corruption in the government, drug dealing ministers, etc. 

Nothing seems to worry this abhorrent gang of crooks. 

Reduction in brown paper bags and lunch boxes might (will) raise a few major concerns. 

He is right.

A few protests by a few thousand sends a message.

A lot of protests by millions sends a bigger one.

Unless they get organized and are prepared to fight, it's pretty much meaningless under this current Dictatorship.