Passport Required to enter Siam Commercial Bank on Jomtien Beach Road

sharecropper

I went there early this morning and was asked for my passport by the security guard who couldn't explain (in Thai to my wife) why he needed to see it.  Once inside, the manager explained it's so they can check "nationalities" because of the virus. They didn't want to see any ID from my wife.

A more effective screening method might be to do Makro-style temperature-taking on ALL people entering the bank, Thai and foreigners, even though this is only partially effective, of course...

17 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

I never carry it to the bank, which is my local branch. The manager clocked me and let me in, then gave me the explanation. But I may take it next time.

Yeah, even if you are on good terms with the manager, he might not be there every time. In that case I am pretty sure the personal, does not have the authority to service you without showing a passport.

I never go to SCB without my passport, they always want to make a photocopy for even the smallest transaction, almost as bad as Immigration. Anyway, I've got photos of all the relevant pages on my telephone and I never go anywhere without that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

I never carry it to the bank, which is my local branch. The manager clocked me and let me in, then gave me the explanation. But I may take it next time.

So what Nationalities are refused access I wonder.