Bangkok governor issues 7 strict guidelines for public to tackle Covid-19 spread

snoop1130

19 hours ago, xtof2 said:

OMG, That's so useful these guidelines.

I am sure every Thai is learning a lot from your guidelines.

The question is : What do YOU do to support them, to help people to implement them or to enforce them????

I live in tak and today on the roads evry other car has a bangkok number plate 420 kilometers from bangkok is this what's he means by staying local 

4 minutes ago, rhyddid said:

What about people running out of their visa and not able to travel, shall they code up in crowded Immigration office ? 

No they are for once using their heads all fines for overstay are squashed and 30 days overstay is ok after that they will evaluate .

19 hours ago, daiwill60 said:

A bit late now after shutting down Bkk and letting so many crowd into Mochit bus station and board crowded buses to many provinces. 

Prt\obably been mentioned before, but the thousands that are travelling home to Esan/Myanmar and some of them taking the virus with them, are the thousands that have been laid off work due to the bars and restaurants closing. I wonder if the Thai employment system has heard of "paid on or off"?:cheesy: Hence the thousands heading home - NO JOBS = NO WAGES = NO FOOD!

18 hours ago, 2long said:

As usual, there are a load of cynical expats on here. I actually like and respect this post and feel that (even if things have happened or not happened in the past) he's making a decent effort.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

At least he's not making ridiculous claims or comments like some others in Parliament.

Oh, and if he said nothing, he'd be wrong.

No one needs Google or Reuters or WHO. Just come to TVF for experts and cinics.

What he said was fine but his 'decent effort' was just much too late.     The horse had already bolted, that's why the 'cynics' here are complaining!   

9 minutes ago, Buuge said:

so theres a curfew from march 26th onwards, anyone details about it? will food delivery still be available?

From what I heard, there will be a curfew from 7pm to 7am when they want you to stay indoors. No gathering in groups. Certain roads might be closed. Mandatory masks in certain areas. The full details to be released tomorrow (March 25).

Edited by Silurian

as usual governments always too late.

But summer in Thailand is coming and virus will disappear, they said.

Luckily(?) im just out of Thailand and back home. Seems Thailand is coming up fast in covid now.

In Holland now you get individual a fine of 400 euro, if you are out together with 4 people, unless proven you are family in same house. Dutch government thinking , ktsjing, money in the box. They are together every day, would be ironic if corona will start there. 

OK i agree somehow, as the Dutch lack the rules. Winter is leaving and sun is shining, so nice to be outside , normally.

20 hours ago, 2long said:

As usual, there are a load of cynical expats on here. I actually like and respect this post and feel that (even if things have happened or not happened in the past) he's making a decent effort.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

At least he's not making ridiculous claims or comments like some others in Parliament.

Oh, and if he said nothing, he'd be wrong.

No one needs Google or Reuters or WHO. Just come to TVF for experts and cinics.

I agree. Sensible advice that, if followed, could make a big difference to infection numbers.

Thanks to the idiots running this country, we're on the same path as Italy, the monks are going to be very busy over the coming months.

To all expats

As most of us here on the web site are high risk candidates for the virus, I wish you all the best for this year, stay safe and take care. Cheers

On 3/23/2020 at 8:08 PM, xtof2 said:

OMG, That's so useful these guidelines.

I am sure every Thai is learning a lot from your guidelines.

The question is : What do YOU do to support them, to help people to implement them or to enforce them????

in my mind, it is not going to be easy to abide by these regulations as these require strong discipline and a lot of moral support. i am not sure whether the physical size of the residences will allow social distancing.

Edited by sahibji

1 hour ago, sahibji said:

in my mind, it is not going to be easy to abide by these regulations as these require strong discipline and a lot of moral support. i am not sure whether the physical size of the residences will allow social distancing.

I don't think you have to fight to get a seat at a table in a restaurant. Don't overthink everything. Go to the restaurant,sit down and see what happens.