Can I get a 1 year marriage visa extension inside Thailand? My visa has expired, I am here on a 90 day stamp received on month 12 of visa.

My visa status:
I held a 1 year Non-imm O multi-entry.
I usually go to Savannakhet and get a fresh one every 15 months.
I did a border run on month 12 of the visa, and my 90 day entry-stamp will expire in 30 days.

My Question:
Will I be able to get an extension of stay inside of Thailand? (provided I meet the usual requirements regarding funds, etc)

Why I ask:
My understanding is that it could only be done with a valid marriage visa (non-expired),  but people are telling me conflicting advice.
I need to make sure I am prepared.

Thank you.

Your ability to get an extension of your permission to stay is unrelated to the expiry date of your visa. You can get a 60-day extension without financial proof with your wife present. If you qualified for the Non O in Savannakhet, you can satisfy the conditions for the 60-day extension. If you can meet all the extra requirements, a one-year extension is also possible. Those requirements vary slightly from office to office, but there are many threads here that outline the process.

• Like 2

Thank you so much guys.
You do so much to help people here, and I expect it is a thankless task at times. 
Our family appreciates your constant efforts, they have helped us many times. 

Best wishes to you and your family during these hard times.

• Like 2

Does your wife really have to go with you to get the 60 day extension?

I'm in a similar situation. 1 year multi entry, 90 day stamp, but I will need to get a 60 day extension. 

Thomas.

Edited by Thomas72

33 minutes ago, Thomas72 said:

Does your wife really have to go with you to get the 60 day extension?

It is required at the majority of immigration offices. They want her to be present to prove this line in the clause of the police order for the extension.

"(2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto."

Thanks UbonJoe.

The Kor (something)... The document that shows you are still married... Do some immigration offices require this for the 60 day extension?

I don't have it. I know it's just a trip to the Amphur. Just wondering if I should go to the Amphur first....

Thomas

1 hour ago, Thomas72 said:

The Kor (something)... The document that shows you are still married... Do some immigration offices require this for the 60 day extension?

There are few odd office that want one. Best to get one if not sure it not needed.

Easy for you wife to get at any Amphoe by showing her ID card.