What does the future hold

My wife is currently here with me in UK. She is on a visitor visa. Our flight back to Thailand has now been cancelled by Emirates. 

We have been informed by the Thai embassy that any document she needs to travel back to Thailand needs to be collected personally. I believe it is still a requirement for Thais to have a medical cert and a letter from the Thai embassy to board a plane.

We are planning to apply for a settlement visa on our return to Thailand. We booked the A1 English test in London for next month. That has now been cancelled.

I can only ask anyone to speculate but I would like to ask anyway.

What is going to happen when my wife's visa expires? She can't get the letter required as she cannot travel to London to get it. So she can't board a flight, even if there were any.

Extension from UKVI? Facility to apply for a further visa here in UK? Maybe they would allow us to apply for settlement while here? Will they do nothing and my wife will end up overstaying her visa?

To add to the dilemma it is my belief that UK airports are not far from closure too.

Thoughts?

Edited by puchooay
  • Like 1