Australian Arrested In Thailand For Nsw Murder

george

Australian arrested in Thailand for NSW murder

BANGKOK: -- Thai police have arrested an Australian citizen and charged him with murder and drug-dealing in his home state of NSW.

Police said Emil Chang, 41, was taken into custody at his townhouse in the Bangkok district of Pathumwan on Tuesday after Australian authorities asked for help in his arrest and extradition.

At a press conference, Immigration Police Commissioner Lieutenant Colonel Tharnvuth Vacharatuk said he expected Chang to be sent back to Sydney in about a week, in accordance with an Australian Government extradition request.

Chang had been been charged with a murder that occurred three years ago in NSW and with engaging in drug dealing.

Chang strongly denied the charges, telling reporters at the news conference, "I'm innocent. I've never done anything against the law in my life. I'm a Buddhist and I don't even drink alcohol."

Lieutenant Colonel Tharnvuth said Chang, of Indonesian-Chinese origin, had a Thai wife and child and had been travelling in and out of Thailand for the past three years.

--DPA 2004-06-10

It is a natural inferiority complex they have Bronco.

I wish to complain in the strongest language about the above statement.

The United Kingdom I will have you know produces world class scum as I have said many time before we only sent second class convicts to Oz.

The practise of keping the best has certainly paid off as Brits on holiday are feared the world over.

So if you don't mind a bit less of it.

So what.....a tea swilling murderer..........and by the way it was obvious that only the smart soapies left the shores of the old dart to go and live in the land down unda........for example my ancestor stole a pair of shoes........it even says it on the court documents......along with the uneleivable comments of the judge........a truly one sided hearing........anyway my ancestor stole a pair of shoes so he could get a free ticket to go and live in Oz ! Obviously he was a natural born surfer and beer swiller. Smart bugger !

Update:

Murder suspect held in Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Australia has 60 days to seek the extradition from Thailand of a man who allegedly murdered a Sydney accountant by forcing him to drink hydrochloric acid.

Court officials said Emil Chang, a 41-year-old Australian national of Indonesian-Chinese origin, was being held in a Bangkok jail after being arrested earlier this month following a tip-off by Australian police.

Mr Chang faces murder charges in Australia over the death of accountant Dominic Li, a Sydney man forced at gunpoint to swallow hydrochloric acid in December 2002.

The acid burnt Mr Li's internal organs, eventually blocking his breathing, and he died in hospital three weeks later.

Mr Chang, who is also expected to face Australian charges of drug smuggling, has declared his innocence.

The official said the court last week confirmed Mr Chang's arrest and ordered him held in jail to allow the Australian Government to mount a case for extradition.

Thai extradition law allows other countries up to 60 days from the time of the arrest to present their case to the Thai courts.

--The Australian 2004-06-15

Strange case this one, I think I would prefer to get shot than drink acid!

An accountant, Well, those that live by the sword must be prepared to die by the sword! Just as bad as a tax man or an estate agent.

At least he wasn't a lawyer :o

Or a failed lawyer ( = politician)

An accountant, Well, those that live by the sword must be prepared to die by the sword! Just as bad as a tax man or an estate agent.

UpU2!!

UpU2!!

Sensitive surin, I would have thought those years in a previous profession would have hardened you :D:D

• 2 weeks later...