Pattaya community rallies to help those affected by COVID-19 pandemic

webfact

We were saddened yet pleased to see them handing out meal packages in Walking Street today.  The queues were long. These are tough times. Thailand can not afford to continue to endure this economic hardship for long.  We hope that the restrictions can be eased soon. Government and agents should take this time to reflect on their procedures and policies to try and ease the burden on Thai Citizens.  The Australian Government in particular can and should do more.

Edited by OffshoreMig

13 hours ago, OffshoreMig said:

We were saddened yet pleased to see them handing out meal packages in Walking Street today.

Thailand was just on the UK's Sky News, and the focus was on the starving elephants... there are no tourists to feed them and 'food is expensive'....

Solidarity among people is very great in these crisis days. This deserves my deepest respect.  But unfortunately there are also people who simply use this free eating service to their advantage.  High-class cars drive up there, usually only occupied by two people, but use 4, 5 or even 6 menus.  I have already seen that cars stopped on the opposite side and sent children to get 2 or 3 meals.  I think this is an outrage. There are always parasites who try to enrich themselves with others. Very bad attitude of them.