Questions about non-O visa based on marriage

11 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

So, what are the requirements to apply for a first time Non-Imm 'O' visa at my local Immigration Office (Udon Thani)?

The 400k baht only has to be in a Thai bank on the day your apply for 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration. 

Requirments are here: https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323240904.pdf

When you apply for one the year extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry the 400k baht will need to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

1 minute ago, MagnumForce said:

Thanks, ubonjoe! Just to be sure, you are happy that I can proceed with this application even though I am currently on a 60-day extension based on marriage to a 30-day visa exempt entry, right?

No problem to apply for the visa since you have extended a 30 day visa exempt entry for 60 days. Just be sure you do the application before you have less than 15 days remaining on the 60 day extension.

• Thanks 1

Great! Thanks again!

Just one more thing. To avoid one particularly nasty and vindictive IO at my local telling me I must have the 400,000THB in the bank for 2 months in advance of my first application, do you have anything in Thai to categorically say that is not the case?

In Section 7.2 of the document you attached, it states: "A letter of guarantee in Thai language from the commercial bank in Thailand (Attention: Immigration Commissioner) and copy of all entries of the applicant’s passbook showing that the applicant has a saving or fixed deposit account of not less than Baht 400,000 ** (Documents under 7.1 and 7.2 must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in the Applicant’s name.)"

It does not state that the 400,000THB only needs to be in the account on the day of the application, without having been in for 2 months prior. 

Sorry to be a nuisance, but there is a monster in Udon Immigration who does and says what he likes about requirements, and I want to be 100% sure of my position, in case I have the misfortune of having him deal with my application.????

6 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

It does not state that the 400,000THB only needs to be in the account on the day of the application, without having been in for 2 months prior. 

if it had to be in the bank for 2 months it would say that.

It is not required since you would have to be in the country for at least two months before you applied. The visa application is intended for those that recently entered the country.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

if it had to be in the bank for 2 months it would say that.

It is not required since you would have to be in the country for at least two months before you applied. The visa application is intended for those that recently entered the country.

Okey dokey! Thanks a million!

I got my 60-day extension based on marriage with copies of Kor Ror 2 and 3, wife's ID card (signed by her), and wife's housebook (signed by her). Obviously, I needed to show my passport and pay 1,900THB too. I brought my kids' birth certificates and lease agreement for where we live, plus various landlord papers, but I wasn't asked for them on the day.

That was all. 

• Like 1

Hello, 

nightmare: I am already on a non o visa and don't meet the financial requirement. I am going to apply for a 60 days extension as well in few days.

After that i have to pray that for the end of june a normal situation will be restored at borders with Laos or Vietnam in order to go for a visa run to Savannakhet (my usual destination for completing this task) or HCMC (it would be a 1st time).

So end of june....do you think odds are in my favor?

I would like to know if there are others in my same situation and how they are dealing with the uncertainty

thanks in advance

Andrea 

24 minutes ago, 72BKK said:

I am already on a non o visa and don't meet the financial requirement.

Are you on a multiple or single entry non-o visa or are you on an extension of stay based upon marriage.

You do not have to apply for a 60 day extension in any case. You can stay in the country until July 31st.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 12:45 PM, ubonjoe said:

Ubonjoe, just getting my ducks in a row for a potential Non-Imm 'O' visa application based on marriage in-country in the next few days and re-reading the list of requirements you shared previously.

I am confused by 6.1.3 "A copy of letter certifying marital status before registration of marriage (a copy of letter certifying that the applicant is single) (In absence of such letter, a copy thereof can be obtained from the District Office where the marriage was registered.)" What exactly do they want? I am already married and I have Khor Ror 2 and 3. I don't understand this 6.1.3 requirement. 

1 minute ago, MagnumForce said:

I am confused by 6.1.3 "A copy of letter certifying marital status before registration of marriage (a copy of letter certifying that the applicant is single) (In absence of such letter, a copy thereof can be obtained from the District Office where the marriage was registered.)" What exactly do they want? I am already married and I have Khor Ror 2 and 3. I don't understand this 6.1.3 requirement. 

That is the affirmation of permit to marry you got from your embassy before registering your marriage.

Most offices do not ask for it now unless you registered your marriage recently.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

That is the affirmation of permit to marry you got from your embassy before registering your marriage.

Most offices do not ask for it now unless you registered your marriage recently.

Would January this year count as recently, in your opinion?

5 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

Would January this year count as recently, in your opinion?

It should not be considered as recent. It is there mostly for those that would be considered as newlyweds.

Ok. Thanks. 

Regarding the other requirements, may I please double-check with you?

Financials:

I need to have 400K in my Thai bank account only on the day I apply for the Non-Imm 'O' visa based on marriage, right?

I will need a letter from my Thai bank stating my balance on that day, right? Should it include any other information? Who should it be addressed to?

What about copies of all entries in my bank book? Are they necessary since they only need to see the 400K in the bank on the application date?

Photos:

What rooms do the photos need to be taken in? In what format do they need to be presented to the Immigration Officer? One photo per A4 page etc? Portrait or Landscape? Colour or b/w?

Witnesses:

I read some info about taking along a neighbour or two when submitting the application. Does one of these neighbours now need to be some kind of government employee as well?

TM.30:

Do I need to bring a printout of the most recent TM.30 that was submitted for me online?

8 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

Should it include any other information? Who should it be addressed to?

It just confirms your account and the balance. Example here of one: bank letter.pdf

10 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

What about copies of all entries in my bank book?

A copy of the page with your name on it and the page showing the balance in the account. It needs to updated on the day you apply.

11 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

What rooms do the photos need to be taken in? In what format do they need to be presented to the Immigration Officer? One photo per A4 page etc? Portrait or Landscape? Colour or b/w?

Photos in and around the house (bedroom, living room and etc) with both of you in it. One must show the house number with both of you in it. They should be in color printed on A4 sheet printed as portrait. I print two 5 X 7 photos on one sheet. It varies froom office to office as to what they want.

16 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

Witnesses:

I read some info about taking along a neighbour or two when submitting the application. Does one of these neighbours now need to be some kind of government employee as well?

They should not be needed for the visa application. They are not required by all offices for the extension application.

I suggest you go to your local offices before applying to findout what exactly they want.

18 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

TM.30:

Do I need to bring a printout of the most recent TM.30 that was submitted for me online?

Yes

• Thanks 1

Great stuff, ubonjoe! Thanks!

Regarding the timing of submitting the application for a Non-Imm 'O' based on marriage in-country, am I correct in saying this must be done more than 15 days before expiration of an existing permission of stay? My existing permission of stay is a 60-day extension based on marriage to a 30-day visa exempt entry. It expires on June 3. By my calculations, I need to apply on or before May 19, right?

Also, I presume it is not possible to submit this application for a Non-Imm 'O' based on marriage in-country if one is on the visa amnesty until July 31, right?

9 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

By my calculations, I need to apply on or before May 19, right?

Yes but best to check with you office. Some may want longer than 15 days.

10 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

Also, I presume it is not possible to submit this application for a Non-Imm 'O' based on marriage in-country if one is on the visa amnesty until July 31, right?

There have been reports of offices refusing to do the visa application when a person is on the automatic extension.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2020 at 12:19 AM, Nayet said:

Thanks!

Can the single entry be extended by 12 months if I have the 400 k?

And is it possible to get a re-entry permit with the single entry?

Also think about how much you travel
imo you are better off with multiple entry
just because you will then have options
if you do decide to extend for 12 months
you will still need to do 90 day reporting
if you are like myself
and you travel frequently 
at least once within 90 days even for weekend away
then its pointless getting 1 year extension and re-entry stamps

Vietnam should be the quieter embassy so would make a nicer trip imo
i have been to HCMC but not for visa
did plan my last there but trip took last minute detour

Edited by innosiem
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if Savannakhet is a viable option now? Meaning, are they even open? And can I get a fit to fly certificate and a Covid test done there?

Also, if I have the 400k, is there any reason I shouldn't apply in Phnom Penh?

7 hours ago, Nayet said:

Thanks, ubonjoe. Looks like I'll have to take my chances in Phnom Penh then.

The borders to Cambodia are also closed unless you have a business visa or others that qualify.

The embassy is only issuing visas related to getting a certificate of entry for repatriation.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The borders to Cambodia are also closed unless you have a business visa or others that qualify.

The embassy is only issuing visas related to getting a certificate of entry for repatriation.

Apparently I've been getting bad information. That's it! I'm going back to Mars.