E-mail Address Not Permitted.

Asiacat

When trying to register on another forum I find the following message above the -e-mail address request field.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. This must be a fixed email address such as that provided by your ISP or employer. Webmail address such as hotmail, lycos, gmail etc are NOT permitted.

However I only have a webmail address do not have an e-mail address supplied by my employer now do I have an ISP provided e-mail address.

Is there any easy way to get an acceptable e-mail address?

Guest Reimar
When trying to register on another forum I find the following message above the -e-mail address request field.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. This must be a fixed email address such as that provided by your ISP or employer. Webmail address such as hotmail, lycos, gmail etc are NOT permitted.

However I only have a webmail address do not have an e-mail address supplied by my employer now do I have an ISP provided e-mail address.

Yo'll need to check with your ISP and the package you use. I can assign a E-mail adress on my server for you but you need to contact me by e-mail with your real contact phone no.

If you register for Spam Gourmet you can create instant disposable e-mail addresses for those occasions when you'd rather not (or as in this case, cannot) use your primary address. They have an array of domains aside from spamgourmet.com, which are not so obvious. I use xoxy.net.

Anybody replying on one of the addresses automatically gets bounced to your primary address up to the limit of the number of messages you've speciified. If you start to get spam on an address, you can kill it entirely and all messages after that just get "eaten," not bounced back to the spammer. Or you can designate senders whose messages are allowed through. Maybe this would work for your web forum. I now use a Spam Gourmet address as a matter of course in any of those situations where you have to give some website a valid address.

(Also not bad for giving out your address to someone you meet in a bar :o:D )

If you register for Spam Gourmet you can create instant disposable e-mail addresses for those occasions when you'd rather not (or as in this case, cannot) use your primary address. They have an array of domains aside from spamgourmet.com, which are not so obvious. I use xoxy.net.

Anybody replying on one of the addresses automatically gets bounced to your primary address up to the limit of the number of messages you've speciified. If you start to get spam on an address, you can kill it entirely and all messages after that just get "eaten," not bounced back to the spammer. Or you can designate senders whose messages are allowed through. Maybe this would work for your web forum. I now use a Spam Gourmet address as a matter of course in any of those situations where you have to give some website a valid address.

I use spamgourmet too - it's awesome. I can subscribe to any number of forums without giving out my real email address which has kept spam to a minimum.

I also love to use it for all these people and places that think they need your email address and then keep sending promotional material. My current stats are: 800 emails forwarded, 5800 eaten. Excellent.

However, those services that block webmail addresses also generally block spamgourmet addresses :D

The free thaivisa.com address should definitely get around that though - I didn't know we had those :D

Edited by nikster

Get one at http://www.mail.com/

You can choose from dozens of domain names that look like they aren't webmail.

This is great!

I got one with a my_username@teacher.com email address which is great because I am one.

The only downside here is the 10Mb storage that they ofer on their free account.

Thanks!

I use spamgourmet too - it's awesome. I can subscribe to any number of forums without giving out my real email address which has kept spam to a minimum.

I also love to use it for all these people and places that think they need your email address and then keep sending promotional material. My current stats are: 800 emails forwarded, 5800 eaten. Excellent.

However, those services that block webmail addresses also generally block spamgourmet addresses :D

The free thaivisa.com address should definitely get around that though - I didn't know we had those :D

Thanks seen that on many of our clients sites, now we know to ban this one for sure. What a great thread keep it up, giving my security guys here a hard on just reading it.

Isn't it rather silly for forums to turn down members based on the fact that they use webmail - especially Gmail which provides an excellent set of spam filters for its subscribers.

Thanks seen that on many of our clients sites, now we know to ban this one for sure. What a great thread keep it up, giving my security guys here a hard on just reading it.

Think that falls into the how to win friends and influence people category.

Regards

Think that falls into the how to win friends and influence people category.

Regards

I didn't quite understand the post. He and some security guards are sitting around with erections reading Thaivisa? :o