medical for retirement renewal

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Just did my extension last week ,in Chiang Mai,never had to do

medical check,ever. maybe just another rumour ?

regards Worgeordie

29 minutes ago, whiteman said:

another rip off no medical needed b4 years ago yes not now

Please, this thread is for Koh Samui and her sister islands, and on Samui you need a medical test to extend your permission to stay in the kingdom, so what's done in Chiang Mai and other places is not really any help to OP.

To OP: I've not heard about any changes, but I've not checked recently either since my own renewal in October (2019). There are two types for medical test, one needed for extension of stay based on Work Permit – and that includes blood test and X-ray, and usually cost up around 1,000 baht – and another smaller test required for extension of stay based on retirement that normally is priced at 250 baht, but the Immigration office will also accept the big test fore "retirement-extension".

I, and a number of other posters, use to do our medical test in Thai International Hospital opposite Tesco-Lotus in Bo Phut, just asking for the medical test for retirement extension at the reception desk. The hospital should know what test you need, and if there is any change in the demands from the Immigration office.

????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2020 at 8:56 PM, starfish said:

Two weeks ago they tried to sell the 990 baht medical to me as well there, including bloodtest and x-ray for lungs. I noticed the brandnew entrance hall and thought they need somebody to pay for their new marble tiles.

Have to disagree even though I haven't been there, I also go to Thai Inter.

It is well worth spending those additional 740 baht for a blood test and a lung x-ray  if you otherwise don't have it done in a yearly checkup.

The cost is really peanuts and doesn't pay for a marble floor.

Edited by lom
  • Like 1

I picked up my passport yesterday after replying for 1 year non-emm. O  visa.  I asked one of the staff if it was their  demands that we had to have X-ray and blood test. And the answer was no, so the idea must come from Bandon Hospital in order to  squeese us farnangs for more money.