Snake Infestation

Tororoso

post-39007-1176539096_thumb.jpg

Quite alarming that this is the 3rd snake we found in the garden today. Does anyone know if this is dangerous (venomous)? Because I saw it open its mouth and saw what looked like fangs to me. It's about 40 cm. long.

The other one up on a tree branch was quite long. Maybe 1.5 to 2 m. and was brownish with a black and gray pattern. It's head was narrower but a bit longer.

The last one was a dark brown one, with a body slightly narrower than its head, but it had a distinct brown spot on its back between 2 white bands. This one though was quite a baby, about 20 cm. long.

Unfortunately, I was only able to take the photo of just one. What would be an effective way of getting rid of them. It also doesn't help that there's a swamp with lots of vegetation over the fence behind the house.

The green one is the same as one that ended up in my mates shower curtain.. He was told it was a 'tree snake' and non venemous.. Would bite tho.. Still wouldnt make a grab for it..

We had a large (4-5 ft) hooded cobra take up residence at the entrance to the house.. One of the local handymen dispatched it and sent it to the pot..

These tree snakes are actually midly venomous, however not sufficient enough to cause anything fatal. They are venomous enough to cause a reaction however venomous bites are not life threatening.

Cobras are serious,. killed my mates 2 dogs in phuket, he was devastated,.

we get those green ones in the garden all the time dossing in the flower pots, cobras doss under the house but had a three and half footer move in during the floods last year :o

Ah the joys of living in the countryside.

we get those green ones in the garden all the time dossing in the flower pots, cobras doss under the house but had a three and half footer move in during the floods last year :o

Ah the joys of living in the countryside.

Was bitten by one of these myself ! Terrified, rushed to Chula hospital but the doctor did not even want to look at the creature I had killed and put in a bag.

"See those twenty people outside...they are all queuing for treatment". We get dozens each day . These snakes are all around Bangkok and usually near dustbins as they feed on rats."

Their venom kills rats and COULD KILL A BABY .... but harmless to adults.

The poison thins the blood and stops it coagulating/clotting.

The end result you would never have guessed...wait for it....

For the next three weeks never felt better in my life !

My chlorestorol was reduced and thinning my blood acted as a medicine similar to warfarin taken from rats to thin blood and remove clots.

Now looking for another snake to bite me !