What Do I Do?

Great forum people, just found it and registered straight away.

Anyway, Im looking into moving to Thailand for 4-6 months, having a look around and generally getting out to see the world.

But...

Im not sure whats with the Visas. :D

Im 19 and I only intend to stay 4-6 months is the best plan to get a Tourist visa (60 days), no special paperwork needed for westerners from rich countries and those from rich Asian countries, issued by Thai consulates and embassies, then when the visa expires go to penang, cambodia etc for a month then fly back into Thailand for a renewed visa, repeat as I go along, though I understand the more times you do this, the more it can be frowned upon. This visa also mentions nothing about working, I dont plan to but just supposing... :o

Also, where is the easiest place to start the visa process, the net or a visit to the embassy.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Great forum people, just found it and registered straight away.

Anyway, Im looking into moving to Thailand for 4-6 months, having a look around and generally getting out to see the world.

But...

Im not sure whats with the Visas. :D

Im 19 and I only intend to stay 4-6 months is the best plan to get a Tourist visa (60 days), no special paperwork needed for westerners from rich countries and those from rich Asian countries, issued by Thai consulates and embassies, then when the visa expires go to penang, cambodia etc for a month then fly back into Thailand for a renewed visa, repeat as I go along, though I understand the more times you do this, the more it can be frowned upon. This visa also mentions nothing about working, I dont plan to but just supposing... :o

Also, where is the easiest place to start the visa process, the net or a visit to the embassy.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Before you leave home get two entries of a tourist visa at a Thai Embassy or Consulate. Each entry enables a 60 day stay, and each visa can be extended by another 30 days in Thailand. That'd give you up to 6 months stay and you only need to cross a border once.

when the visa expires go to penang, cambodia etc for a month then fly back into Thailand for a renewed visa

I agree with Dr PP

As you want to explore the country, you might want to consider visiting the south around the half way point on your trip, then you can cross the land border into Malaysia for a few days, no visa required, then come back into Thailand for the remainder of your time.

Seems a shame to fly when you could be seeing the country!!