non essential travel meaning ? from outside UK to UK

i wonder what would be classed as non essential travel ? or essential travel .. mainly for thai girlfriend to come and stay with me in the UK ? would this be classed as essential travel ?  as the Uk gove did say get the girlfriend to move in . to save travel  ..

According to the rules its clearly non-essential unless she normally lives with you and just happens to be on a visit to Thailand.  The move in together thing was a one or two day decision people were making weeks ago.  Of course provided she could get into the country it would be a test of your relationship with your neighbours if they shop you in and you could end up with a visit from the plod and a £60 fine ????

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

According to the rules its clearly non-essential unless she normally lives with you and just happens to be on a visit to Thailand.  The move in together thing was a one or two day decision people were making weeks ago.  Of course provided she could get into the country it would be a test of your relationship with your neighbours if they shop you in and you could end up with a visit from the plod and a £60 fine ????

well she does live me in thailand , and she has a valid tourist visa for this year ? and at the moment both in thailand . but i need to go uk and the plan was for her to come again this year as last ..