Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment

Hey everybody.

This is my first post here and I need your help. My friend and I will both be going on exchange to Bangkok in August for one semester. He'll be going to Thammasat and I will be going to Chulalongkorn. We wanna share a decent furnished two bedroom apartment and were wondering if there are any for under 25,000 Bath/month. The apartment should be somewhere between Thammasat and Chulalongkorn - preferably about equal distances to each university.

If you have any links to specific apartment buildings, other websites or have some great tips please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Hey everybody.

This is my first post here and I need your help. My friend and I will both be going on exchange to Bangkok in August for one semester. He'll be going to Thammasat and I will be going to Chulalongkorn. We wanna share a decent furnished two bedroom apartment and were wondering if there are any for under 25,000 Bath/month. The apartment should be somewhere between Thammasat and Chulalongkorn - preferably about equal distances to each university.

If you have any links to specific apartment buildings, other websites or have some great tips please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

No problem.

It's easy to find a place to share for far less than 25k. But if you want to pay 25k then you'll get a nice place.

I'd suggest staying in the middle timewise (journey to Uni) not geographically. The latter will put you in Chinatown, with traffic all around. You can stay close to a riverboat stop and a skytrain - called Saphan Taxin. It'll takle you 25 minutes to get to either destination, in a relaxed and cheap fashion. If you could find a place on the river close to there (see Oriental / Hilton / Peninsular) then you'd have a great time.

(generally you would be in the Silom area, but be close to a bts[skytrain])

But others will have different opinions...

(I have lived all over Bangkok in the last four years and work at Chula and Silpakorn, next door to Thammasat, thus travel between the two often).

If you have an problems then send me an email.

Good luck.

Hey everybody.

Thanks in advance.

No problem.

It's easy to find a place to share for far less than 25k. But if you want to pay 25k then you'll get a nice place.

I'd suggest staying in the middle timewise (journey to Uni) not geographically. The latter will put you in Chinatown, with traffic all around. You can stay close to a riverboat stop and a skytrain - called Saphan Taxin. It'll takle you 25 minutes to get to either destination, in a relaxed and cheap fashion. If you could find a place on the river close to there (see Oriental / Hilton / Peninsular) then you'd have a great time.

(generally you would be in the Silom area, but be close to a bts[skytrain])

But others will have different opinions...

(I have lived all over Bangkok in the last four years and work at Chula and Silpakorn, next door to Thammasat, thus travel between the two often).

If you have an problems then send me an email.

Good luck.

Hey,

Thanks for the prompt reply. 25k/month is really our upper limit. The hotels you mentioned are on the other side of the river or where the taksin bridge is. Is it better to stay on that side of the river or should we find something on the other side around the national train/bts station?

From what I seem to understand is that you recommend my friend to take the Saphan Taxin to Thammasat, whereas I should take the bts. How oftern does the Saphan Taxin run? Is there a website?

Where is the Silom area? Sorry for the many questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Incidentally Thammasat University has two campuses: would your friend be going to the Rangsit campus or the Phra Chan (riverside campus)?

Depending on which Thammasat campus, the optimal location of your future apartment may vary.

If your friend will study at the Ransit campus (about 40km north of Bangkok), then I think the Lat Phrao area (still Bangkok, about 10km north of center) would be good for you with Skytrain access for you and buses for him. If he will attend the riverside campus (in Bangkok), then a flat by the river close to both Skytrain and Chao Praya Express Boat pier would be ideal as a poster had mentioned.

For either Thammasat campus, Victory Monument area (a major transit hub in Bangkok) would also work, but would give you a bigger advantage since by taking the Skytrain you will arrive at Chula long before he will get to Rangsit by bus. However, if he goes to the riverside campus, then from Victory Monument your respective commute times should be pretty similar.

Google for a Bangkok map so that the place names make sense to you.

Regards.

Edited by cuica

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everybody.

Thanks in advance.

Hey everybody.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I own a unit near Lard Proa which is near sky train and underground, nice location and view. Near a big department store called Central Department store.

There are 2 bed rooms, fully furnished including other facillity such as gyms, fitness, swiming pool.

This location will be suit for whoever stady at Chulalongkorn University and Thammasat U, Rangsit compus. However, there is a direct public bus from this area to both universities.

If you do not request for car parking, I can drop the rent to 25,000 baht per month.

For more information please contact [email protected]

Best Regards

Kate