Visa Amnesty and selling vehicle

Is this possible right now if your permission to stay stamp is expired but you are here legally because of the Amnesty until July 31?

I know normally you need a valid visa.

Also would it be possible to get the required resistance certificate under these conditions?

10 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You don't need a certificate of residence when selling, only when buying.

The vehicle logbook and Passport is the only proof you need.

Correct...and for reference..i got a residency certificate at jomtien immi ,on friday.

Completed purchase of car today,at land office.

My thai seller,used an agent,to speed up,and simplyfy things,but it still took sevrral hours.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, murraynz said:

Correct...and for reference..i got a residency certificate at jomtien immi ,on friday.

Completed purchase of car today,at land office.

My thai seller,used an agent,to speed up,and simplyfy things,but it still took sevrral hours.

Thai seller has a house book. A foreign seller in pattaya will need a residency certificate 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You don't need a certificate of residence when selling, only when buying.

The vehicle logbook and Passport is the only proof you need.

As strange as it seems, Pattaya do require a residence cert from the seller..unless they have yellow book, pink card and accompanying blue book of housemaster and their ID card

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, baansgr said:

As strange as it seems, Pattaya do require a residence cert from the seller..unless they have yellow book, pink card and accompanying blue book of housemaster and their ID card

As with every Province in Thailand the requirements can differ.

The OP didn't state a location.

To purchase a vehicle, you need proof of ID and address to register your details in the logbook.

That could be Passport, certificate of residence, Yellow Tabien Baan or pink ID card.

Once you have satisfied the clerk of the above details those are registered in the logbook.

When you sell, other than supplying ID to confirm you are the same person as identified in the logbook, i.e. Passport or pink ID card (depending whichever you used as ID to be registered) then you shouldn't need to provide any further proof.

The buyer needs to supply all necessary documentation for registration purposes, change of ownership, name, address.

I appreciate requirements may vary, but my personal experience is I've never needed more than the logbook and Passport when selling and I've sold 2 motor vehicles and a motorcycle.

I can't comment on Chiang Mai but we managed to get this done in Bangkok in early April. I sold the car in March because we are leaving Thailand but we got stuck here (now wish hadn't sold so soon, we are renting a car until departure) and buyer at first couldn't register with less than 14 days left on my visa / permission to stay.

The buyer subsequently showed the extension decree of April 7 as evidence of valid visa, which was initially refused. However, he eventually managed to get it registered, so it may depend on location and DLT officer. It would be a risk for the buyer, no doubt. Probably worth asking local DLT in advance.