Internet Love Sites

Neeranam

I've been speaking with many people who use those internet sites to find a wife.

I highly recommend that you don't use them for many reasons.

One reason is that the girl that you will be speaking to will not be writing the emails to you.

Another they look nothing like their photos. Not very nice to be communicating with a girl who works in the office of the site and then meet the one that is 10 times uglier than her photo after travelling half way round the world.

Another reason is that once you get married you will be told by your wife that you must give 100,000 baht to some agency. I know 5 guys that this happened to on very a popular site.

All around Isarn there are girls who speak English writing emails for hundreds of potential brides.

Shouldn't be allowed.

It would be good to hear from those who were done like this.

I personally think that if you want to meet a Thai lady, you should spend some time in the country first, trying to build and establish a relationship. As cdnvic says, its better to browse in person.

People that decide they want to find a partner via one of these agencys are asking for all kinds of unknown and unforeseen problems. Some folks would say "Som nam na".... In saying that, I'm sorry if anyone has been affected in this manner. Try coming to Thailand first and meet someone in the good old fashioned way. At the same time, you will get to experience the wonderfull Thai culture.

Guemlum

I've been speaking with many people who use those internet sites to find a wife.

One reason is that the girl that you will be speaking to will not be writing the emails to you.

Shouldn't be allowed.

Wasn't that many years ago that you was thinking of starting an introduction agency on the internet yourself if my memory serves me well.......

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wasn't that many years ago that you was thinking of starting an introduction agency on the internet yourself if my memory serves me well.......

You are right. But the ones I'm referring to(better not say the names) are very dishonest and out to rip off the farang.

It's immoral.

You are right. But the ones I'm referring to(better not say the names) are very dishonest and out to rip off the farang.

It's immoral.

Well perhaps it would be better to say that in your OP Neeranam, it looks like you are saying don't use any websites to find a Thai wife.

Another they look nothing like their photos. Not very nice to be communicating with a girl who works in the office of the site and then meet the one that is 10 times uglier than her photo after travelling half way round the world.

Another reason is that once you get married you will be told by your wife that you must give 100,000 baht to some agency. I know 5 guys that this happened to on very a popular site.

All around Isarn there are girls who speak English writing emails for hundreds of potential brides.

Shouldn't be allowed.

I'm betting this post might have been slightly different if you had gone ahead and set up your own internet dating site. :o

Shouldn't be allowed.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I said that to the bloke I met who I thought had invented Tippex. :o

Also met a guy that was pissed at the price of "corn flakes", and he said he knew Thailand

had a lot of corn and he had Mr Kellogs secret recipe. Told him i would by from him if it

was good. Think he died in the Mtns shortly aft of an overdose.

Almost allf the Thai girls in these love sites are bgs or ex-bgs.

Why not just jump on a plane and come over to S/E Asia and grab one from the bar yourdself. Or, better still go to Vietnam, beautiful girls without scams in their eyes.

Edited by Begbie

Why not just jump on a plane and come over to S/E Asia and grab one from the bar yourdself. Or, better still go to Vietnam, beautiful girls without scams in their eyes.

Where do you get your figures from, apart from your imagination ?

I disagree. There are some ancient ones like over 35 who may have been. The younger ones know that there's more chance to meet a farang in a bar. Bgs work in bars, that's why they're called bargirls.

The girls I know who are on them are normal girls who see an advertisment that this guy in Roi Et or wherever can get them a rich farang husband. All he wants is 100,000 baht(on marriage) which the girl never tells the bloke about, which I guess is fair enough if she gets some pensioner who gets 50,000 a month and a house worth $100,000. These agents then sign them up with 'Love Whatever' and write all the emails.

Shouldn't be allowed.

It would be good to hear from those who were done like this.

That has to depend on what site(s) you are using. Some of them are obviously set up for you to pay but there are other ways of chatting to the girls on the internet. And there are sites that allow you to browse the ladies AND chat to them for free - so why pay??

Yeah, I did use faceparty to talk to a few before I first went to Thailland and I met 2 of them. Though I did talk to them 'real time' on msn using web cams so then knew other people were not writing mails for them. Nice girls too. Not my type in real life .... sadly.

I was glad I met them though.

So, it all depends on where you look.