Where can I find a waterproof N95 mask?

Stadtler

Old Stadtler knows what you are thinking, this is a windup or a troll.  Stadtler wishes this could only be true.  Sunday was supposed to be the day that the pool was released from its two month stasis but Stadtler was not pleasantly surprised to find that the pool was not open for business.  It's a lovely salt-water pool and we have two of them.  They are identically sized but with one major difference: one is clean and the other one is filthy. 

Really, that is another story but I did digress.

So when old Stadtler (not his real name of course) asked the good folks at our not so SMART condominium office why the pool wasn't open, he got an answer he was not expecting.  Stadtler has to beg the reader to indulge him just a bit and remember that this is Thailand, where anything is possible, and anything usually can happen.

The pool is closed still, because the condominium committee has decided that for liability, they cannot open the pool due to saliva and heavy breathing.  It was decided, that masks need to be worn at all times, including in the pool. Yes, we realize that some of you think this is a windup, but Stadtler can assure you it is not.  The committee cannot figure out how to make swimmers use a mask with the present supply of masks available.

Stadtler asked the nice condo manager if the board consisted of autistic or retarded individuals, but she only laughed wryly at the question.  Credit is given to our manager as she agreed that she is as befuddled by the ... decree .. decision ... edict .. all those words seem to not go with thinking individuals so use whatever word you would like.  Stadtler decided to humor the mentally ill committee members and pose the question here.  The idea, was to provide them a link in the hopes of shaming them with what we hope will be the likely responses.

So the question remains: Where to find a waterproof N95 mask and if not waterproof, one that won't degrade from being in the water.

12 minutes ago, Davo369 said:

You can't get a water proof  N95 mask.. 

Go to the diving shop and get the full diving equipment 

Fair enough, but how about one that would allow me do laps and not feel like I'm getting waterboarded each time I take a breath?

• Like 1

You arrange individual meetings with each board member for a mask demonstration and training program. Sterilize mask with sanitizer (chloroform) assist them with correct placement of mask , bribe local Temple furnace operator.  Then swim all you want minus the madness of crowds.

download.jpg

Edited by BeltAndRoad

8 hours ago, BeltAndRoad said:

Then swim all you want minus the madness of crowds.

We have very low use of our pools.  Thais hide when the sun is shining and when there is no direct sunlight they make their children wear clothing from head to toe to hide from the non-existent sun.  Old Stadtler has never seen more than 5 people at either pool at one time.

The entire thing is ridiculous. This is Thai idiocy at its worst.

Edited by Stadtler
  • Like 1

If it's waterproof, it's probably air tight, it would seem. I suppose if you wanted to breathe, you'd have to take the mask off. I'm not a scientist, just play one on TV.

20 hours ago, Stadtler said:

Fair enough, but how about one that would allow me do laps and not feel like I'm getting waterboarded each time I take a breath?

Tell management to <deleted> off. 

Edited by Max69xl

Did you pose your question in Thai or English?

Pools are allowed to reopen but only if staff can be present to make sure the rules are followed with regards to social distancing, mask wearing (not IN the pool but around the pool) etc.  If the condo has no staff available they will stay closed, simple.  It seems she was trying her best to explain the rules and the reasoning behind it (I assume in English), and you responded by taking it to a ridiculous extreme, calling her retarded and autistic.  What a delightful gentleman you are, they must love seeing you coming to the office.

Stadtler and his ridiculous pool rants continue....

Edited by josephbloggs

During the recent heavy polution I used a 3M  N95 mask in my pool you can do breast stroke also swim on your back and it then it doesn't get wet.

But try diving or doing the crawl with it and is soon fills up with water  ????

On 5/18/2020 at 9:12 AM, Davo369 said:

You can't get a water proof  N95 mask.. 

Go to the diving shop and get the full diving equipment 

If it's waterproof you won't be able to breathe. So you'll croak one way or the other. No plobrem.

2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

But try diving or doing the crawl with it and is soon fills up with water  ????

It is as close to waterboarding as you are going to get.

• Haha 1

How many of you believed me?  I have proof now.  My Juristic Office has relented and I now have a picture of someone in the office showing me Google Translate from Thai telling me I can swim for 1 hour a day, but have to wear a mask.

Who wants to see?

On 5/18/2020 at 11:25 PM, Stadtler said:

There’s NO evidence coronavirus can be spread in swimming pools, CDC says

https://www.the-sun.com/news/855547/no-evidence-coronavirus-spread-swimming-pools-cdc/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly