Tourism reports 50 percent increase in two weeks

geovalin

More than 250,000 tourists have visited popular destinations across the country over the last two weeks, an increase of almost 50 percent compared the previous fortnight in late April, according to the Ministry of Tourism.

Tourism Minister, Thong Khon, said that from May 4 – 17, the number of tourists significantly increased – with most choosing to visit “eco-tourism” sites in Sihanoukville, Kep, and Kampot in particular.

With more than 40 percent of those being Cambodian residents there are now plans to further expand the current domestic tourism movement, he added.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50726122/tourism-reports-50-percent-increase-in-two-weeks/

• Haha 1

On 5/23/2020 at 8:37 AM, geovalin said:

More than 250,000 tourists have visited popular destinations across the country over the last two weeks, an increase of almost 50 percent compared the previous fortnight in late April, according to the Ministry of Tourism.

I will let you into a little secret, open the country up a little more and the tourist numbers will increase again - Not rocket science........LOL 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Geoffggi said:

I will let you into a little secret, open the country up a little more and the tourist numbers will increase again - Not rocket science........LOL 

I have a lil secret hell No , we don’t need 2nd wave transiting across  borders , Virus is infancy , another flu guy 

Edited by Ireland32

1 hour ago, beavenlen said:

Ermmm! so when did they open the borders or permit incoming flights. did i miss a few weeks.

Did you notice this is about Cambodia? Unlike Thailand, Incoming flight were not forbidden there. Otherwise, it looks like you missed some news:

Alas Thailand could not be doing a better job of shooting itself in the foot. What tourists there are will flock to neighboring countries, and I hear the indians spend 10,000 bht (or equivalent) per day ???? My heart bleeds for Thailand AND Cambodia !

• Like 2