Sony Vaio 15" Screen For Laptop Needed

JT65

Hi All

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-K64 Laptop which is around 3years old. The screen has gone ( its 15" ) and I live in Chiang Mai. Sony repair shop here want 15k for a new screen which is crazy.

I have been told I should be able to buy a 2nd hand screen ( maybe not sony ) for around 3-4k in Bangkok.

Does anyone know where I could find 2nd hand screens for laptops in Bangkok.

Any info or alternative ideas appreciated.

Regards

Troy

For laptops repairs I suggest Pantip Plaza in Bangkok or Zeer IT in Rangsit but Pantip is the beter choice.

And I mean the Bangkok downtown Pantip Plaza not the smaller Pantip on the Ngamwongwan road in Nonthaburi....

I believe there is also a Pantip in Chang-Mai but I have never been there.

At 15k for a new LCD I agree its too much , add just a few thousand bath and buy a brand new laptop !

And I think you need an exact same model LCD module as you have now if you do not want to run into all sorts of electronical and mechnical problems :o

Edited by brianinbangkok

Hi All

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-K64 Laptop which is around 3years old. The screen has gone ( its 15" ) and I live in Chiang Mai. Sony repair shop here want 15k for a new screen which is crazy.

I have been told I should be able to buy a 2nd hand screen ( maybe not sony ) for around 3-4k in Bangkok.

Does anyone know where I could find 2nd hand screens for laptops in Bangkok.

Any info or alternative ideas appreciated.

Regards

Troy

If the LCD screen doesnt show any light its probably the backlight TL tube defect.

I could replace the backlight with low costs but am living in Phuket.

Regards,

Jack

sorry to hijack, in bangkok,where can i get a 2nd hand laptop and what are the price range ?

Why buy second hard where you can have a new one for below 20K.

These 2nd notebook come without guarantee, if you really need one, they are available at Pantip Plaza, Zeer Rangsit & Fortune Tower.

sorry to hijack, in bangkok,where can i get a 2nd hand laptop and what are the price range ?

These 2nd notebook come without guarantee, if you really need one, they are available at Pantip Plaza, Zeer Rangsit & Fortune Tower.

Not looking for a 1st handed because i dont really need 1, i just need it for the convinence of surfing some net and typing some normal word document.

What would be a price range for such a 2nd handed laptop be @ the above mentioned places?

Not looking for a 1st handed because i dont really need 1, i just need it for the convinence of surfing some net and typing some normal word document.

What would be a price range for such a 2nd handed laptop be @ the above mentioned places?

AFAIK, the second hand notebook prices range from 5K to 10K.