Samui Car Mechanic

Looking for recommendations for a reliable car mechanic.

I'm in Taling Ngam, so any place up the west coast of the island would be best but I'm flexible.

Ive been using Dan Auto in Lipa Noi but they have severely bungled recent work on my car.

I have with great satisfaction used Dan Auto in Nathon south – might be what you call Lipa Noi – but I presume it's not worth recommending them. There's also a Dan Auto in Maenam, but I preferred the one in Nathon, but same owner. 

I know one poster that recommend an auto repair shop in Chaweng Noi, I unfortunately don't know details.

• Like 1

I recently used the Guy across the road from the Honda car Garage in Taling Gnam on the ring road (recommended to me by a Thai friend who has used him for years). He replaces an air con unit and did full a service. Everything was a lot cheaper than Mitsubishi using genuine parts, and was done in a day. I did have a problem a few months later with a  pipe that fed the air con. He replaced and fixed it, and refused any further payment which means he really does guarantee his work!

• Like 2