Roof leakage - handyman needed

anyone

My wife's brother is a builder and has completed many jobs for us at realistic prices, I wouldn't be paying more than 1,000 baht for 2 hours work here. Although there maybe some material costs involved.

Whereabouts are you , because I doubt he ( brother -in-law)  will know how to find anywhere outside  a 2 mile radius if the ability to read a map runs in the family.

2 hours ago, anyone said:

Companies ask 11000+ for 2-hours work

How do you know it's 2 hours work.

1. How high is the roof.

2. How many leaks are there.

3. How steep is the slope.

4. what access is needed.

5. what type of roof is it.

etc etc.

57 minutes ago, anyone said:

I'm at another edge of Bkk (Nong Khaem)...

Hi again, he's across near Don Mueang, but also he's on a job in Rangsit where ever that is. So sorry but unable to help.  You need to get your Thai partner on this to ensure the price is reasonable.

If you haven't got a Thai partner, you need to find one quick, let them negotiate the price down to around 5k baht , but remember this 'help' will  want about  a 7k baht tip for the work. 

2 hours ago, DaLa said:

My wife's brother is a builder and has completed many jobs for us at realistic prices, I wouldn't be paying more than 1,000 baht for 2 hours work here. Although there maybe some material costs involved.

Paid 3,000bht for 10 roof tiles to be put back into place after a storm last month.

Builder said, he wasn't interested in climbing on a roof for less because of the risk.

Took him under 30 minutes to fix.

Pull tiles from inside the loft, climb out, put the tiles back in place and wire them, climb back in the loft and fill the hole.

Edited by BritManToo