Advertising For Thai Staff

We're looking for some Thai staff. Not admin/office staff, but ppl who can sew, produce fabric patterns etc.

I know there is a magazine full of emplyoment ads, but it seems to be mostly for office staff. Does anyone have any suggestions for other publication/methods for finding staff.

Thanks!

I think poaching (as suggested above) is a lot more advisable than getting your current staff to suggest 'friends'. Poaching does at least ensure the new comers have some of the skills you are looking for. Getting your staff to recommend 'friends' will probably result in you employing their 'family' and hands over control of recruitment to your staff.

I think poaching (as suggested above) is a lot more advisable than getting your current staff to suggest 'friends'. Poaching does at least ensure the new comers have some of the skills you are looking for. Getting your staff to recommend 'friends' will probably result in you employing their 'family' and hands over control of recruitment to your staff.

We have done both, each with their own set of problems,

Poaching can indirectly cause amonosity with your competitor (personally speaking)

Introducing friends you soon find out whether they are suitable or not, and they bail out soon enough before they are pushed, on a positive note we have also employed some very good people by both methods

We have done both, each with their own set of problems,

Poaching can indirectly cause amonosity with your competitor (personally speaking)

Introducing friends you soon find out whether they are suitable or not, and they bail out soon enough before they are pushed, on a positive note we have also employed some very good people by both methods

Staff have brought in friends or ppl they've worked with before and generally it's been very good.

We haven't tried poaching, however we're now looking at ways to get ppl already working without actually standing out the front of places. We offer better salary/conditions, it's just a matter of getting the message out.

almost forgot, in nonthaburi at the provincial administrative center, there are training courses for things like thai massage, astrology and sewing...maybe if you can get there during the right time you may be able to scoop some people up.

We're looking for some Thai staff. Not admin/office staff, but ppl who can sew, produce fabric patterns etc.

I know there is a magazine full of emplyoment ads, but it seems to be mostly for office staff. Does anyone have any suggestions for other publication/methods for finding staff.

Thanks!

My girl is looking for 20+ more staff now too, and the glossy job mags tend to get you designers and pattern-makers, but little response from 'quality ground-level sewing staff'.

She tends to get the good staff she already has to ask around, offering them a nice bonus if they can find good quality people who will stick at a job for more than 2 weeks. Seems to work so far, though a bit too slowly for my liking.

If you go to Pratunam or Baiyoke, it seems like every other shop is also looking for sewing staff. They pin ads on their shop fronts.

Thanks!

My girl is looking for 20+ more staff now too, and the glossy job mags tend to get you designers and pattern-makers, but little response from 'quality ground-level sewing staff'.

She tends to get the good staff she already has to ask around, offering them a nice bonus if they can find good quality people who will stick at a job for more than 2 weeks. Seems to work so far, though a bit too slowly for my liking.

If you go to Pratunam or Baiyoke, it seems like every other shop is also looking for sewing staff. They pin ads on their shop fronts.

Agreed, seems that everyone is looking for staff. The bonus idea is a good one.