Back To Back Tourist Visa From Home Country

Hello

i'm from singapore and i just got myself a 60day tourist visa from my home country's thai emb, as i do not wish to be running through borders every 30days, i am thinking of spending 60+30days in thailand which after i will take a flight back to my home country singapore, and apply for another tourist visa.

is it possible/easier for citizens to get tourist visa from thier home country ?

ive check thru the forums and all i see was cases of non-citizens going to embassies which are not located n thier home countries..

any help or opinions will be appriciated!

You should be able to get up to 4 separate tourist Visa's from your home country's Thai Embassy at one time,then you can stay 60+30 on each one. :o

Are you sure about 4 seperate visas at one time in a passport?

He is talking about entries on the same visa. Normally Consulates will not issue more than three but some have issued four. These are not designed for long term stay, but for visits to other countries and return, so not all Consulates will be happy to issue - especially if passport is full of previous visas.

He is talking about entries on the same visa. Normally Consulates will not issue more than three but some have issued four. These are not designed for long term stay, but for visits to other countries and return, so not all Consulates will be happy to issue - especially if passport is full of previous visas.

A quadruple entry tourist visa, that makes more sense.

Thanks Lopburi3

A quadruple entry tourist visa, that makes more sense.

Thanks Lopburi3

D'oh!,yeah thats what I should have said..thanks Pampal :o .

Hello guys, thanks for the reply, just to sum it up, do you guys mean i should be able to get up to 3 consecative single-entry Tourist visa from my home country ?

1 last question, what happens after the 3 visa?

Hello guys, thanks for the reply, just to sum it up, do you guys mean i should be able to get up to 3 consecative single-entry Tourist visa from my home country ?

Tourist visas are meant for tourists. At one point the Embassy might ask you the question if you are 'living' in Thailand as opposed to being a tourist. Issuing visas is at the discretion of the Embassy.

If you plan on living in Thailand, maybe you should look at other visa options than a series of tourist visas.

On the other hand the Embassy might just keep on issuing you with tourist visas

Edited by Krub

Tourist visas are meant for tourists. At one point the Embassy might ask you the question if you are 'living' in Thailand as opposed to being a tourist. Issuing visas is at the discretion of the Embassy.

If you plan on living in Thailand, maybe you should look at other visa options than a series of tourist visas.

thank you Krub for the detailed answer. :o

Well i did look @ other visa options but

I'm under 50

I ain't married

I dont have a biz in thailand as my income derives online, so i cant declare tax and get a WP to go along

what are my options?

Hello

i'm from singapore and i just got myself a 60day tourist visa from my home country's thai emb, as i do not wish to be running through borders every 30days, i am thinking of spending 60+30days in thailand which after i will take a flight back to my home country singapore, and apply for another tourist visa.

is it possible/easier for citizens to get tourist visa from thier home country ?

ive check thru the forums and all i see was cases of non-citizens going to embassies which are not located n thier home countries..

any help or opinions will be appriciated!

:o Since you're from Singapore and already have a 60 day Tourist visa these should apply:

3 month validity, single entry tourist visa: pre-obtained at a Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate and will result in the holder obtaining a 60 day 'permission to stay' stamp upon entry. If required, this type of visa may be extended by 30 days at an immigration office, but after that time the holder must leave the country. After one entry, the visa is “used”. (60 day plus 30 day extension = 90 days) Isn't this what you have now?

6 month validity, 2 to 4 entry tourist visa: pre-obtained at a Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate and will result in the holder obtaining a 60 day 'permission to stay' stamp upon entry. If required, this type of visa may be extended by 30 days at an immigration office, but after that time the holder must leave the country. The holder may then return to the Kingdom and will obtain a second 60 day 'permission to stay' stamp which can also be extended as previous and then the holder must leave. After the stipulated number of entries the visa is “used”. (Something else you might check on in Singapore, still gives you 90 days each entry but multiple entries).

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

6 month validity, 2 to 4 entry tourist visa: pre-obtained at a Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate and will result in the holder obtaining a 60 day 'permission to stay' stamp upon entry. If required, this type of visa may be extended by 30 days at an immigration office, but after that time the holder must leave the country. The holder may then return to the Kingdom and will obtain a second 60 day 'permission to stay' stamp which can also be extended as previous and then the holder must leave. After the stipulated number of entries the visa is “used”. (Something else you might check on in Singapore, still gives you 90 days each entry but multiple entries).

:o

To what i recall, all embassies and consulates only issue single entry visas now.

thank you Krub for the detailed answer. :o

Well i did look @ other visa options but

I'm under 50

I ain't married

I dont have a biz in thailand as my income derives online, so i cant declare tax and get a WP to go along

what are my options?

As far as I know your best bet is to go along with the tourist visas as long as they give them to you.

Also as a member of the APEC, you are allowed entries under that status but not sure if the 90 days in 180 apply to APEC members.

In any cases there are no visas that fit your requirements of permanant stay not married, under 50 and no business.

Good luck

6 month validity, 2 to 4 entry tourist visa: pre-obtained at a Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate and will result in the holder obtaining a 60 day 'permission to stay' stamp upon entry. If required, this type of visa may be extended by 30 days at an immigration office, but after that time the holder must leave the country. The holder may then return to the Kingdom and will obtain a second 60 day 'permission to stay' stamp which can also be extended as previous and then the holder must leave. After the stipulated number of entries the visa is "used". (Something else you might check on in Singapore, still gives you 90 days each entry but multiple entries).

:o

To what i recall, all embassies and consulates only issue single entry visas now.

The consulate in my home country where I have gotten my tourist visas for the last few years has reduced the entries from 3 to 2. I think the consulate in Laos and neighbouring countries will only give a single entry tourist visa, right?

But to answer the orignial posters question, in my experience, yes. You should be able to get back to back tourist visas.

I just got a 3 entry tourist visa from my US Thai consulate this month.........

What country was the conulate in? I just looked at the Los Angeles California Royal Thai Consulate's wesite and it says:

Tourist Visa Requirements for US passport holders

Purpose of visit

For tourism (pleasure) purposes only (Category “TR”)

Validity of visa

The validity of visa is 3 months.

Period of stay

Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 60 days at any time.The period begins on the date you arrive in Thailand.

*** Regulations are subject to change without notice.***

Required documents

Your actual Passport.

(Passport must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).

1 copy of Passport

(The page(s) shows your photo , name , date and place or birth and the expiration date of passport)

1 application form |Download|

(completed and signed by the applicant. Parents can sign for the minor).

2 photos

(Passport photo, 2” x 2”, color, front-view, taken within 6 months, and write your name and last name on the back of each photo).

The visa fee is $ 25 per entry. (No multiple entry)

The fee must be paid in the form of MONEY ORDER or CASHIER’S CHECK only payable to “ROYAL THAI CONSULATE GENERAL LOS ANGELES”. Cash, Credit Card, Personal or company checks are NOT acceptable.

If an applicant wants to have passport mailed back , a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage ( Recommened using USPS $14.40 Express mail / NO FEDEX , NO UPS ) must be included for the return of passport.

Regulations are subject to change without notice.

Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.

Consular officers assumes the right to deny or grant any type of visa to the applicant.

But it seems the 90 day rule is out if you get this type of tourist visa, instead of just comming to Thailand without any visa. As it states here:

Passport holders from the countries below can visit Thailand without a visa for the maximum of 30 days stay per entry with a total peroid of stay not exceeding 90 days within 6 months from the date of first entry into the kingdom. To enter the kingdom using 30-DAY STAY WITHOUT VISA again, this can be done after the first 6 months ( from the first date you enter thailand).

Requirements :

- A valid passport (6-month validity with empty visa pages)

- A proof of confirmed air tickets showing 30 days or less in Thailand.

*** Extension of stay will not be granted.***

TWO entries is far more likely ( according to Thai Immigration instructions )