Driving Licence Renewal - Report from Bang Lamung DLT Today 18th June :

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

that I had to queue on the 20th and wait for my number to be called. 

I would get there well before the 8 AM opening time, even then there may still already be a queue at the door.

last time I went,  got there a little bit late and got a ticket #150 or so ( can't remember exactly)

had to wait a loooong time for the afternoon session   they also where quite vigorous insisting to wait downstairs until  your number is displayed on the LED display before going upto the second floor.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, johng said:

I would get there well before the 8 AM opening time, even then there may still already be a queue at the door.

last time I went,  got there a little bit late and got a ticket #150 or so ( can't remember exactly)

had to wait a loooong time for the afternoon session   they also where quite vigorous insisting to wait downstairs until  your number is displayed on the LED display before going upto the second floor.

Yes.  I have decided not to go that first day, which is likely to be a real bun fight.  I will wait a week and then try it out.  I suspect it will still be maxed out, so I will take plenty of water and my fully charged Kindle.  

My licence expires on the 10th of July 2020.

How long is normally allowed after the expiry date please.

If the 20th is the same for Chonburi and we are covered by a temp. extension I would like to attend a few days later and wonder if that is officially possible.

Thank you

Busby

Strange. I did my license in May in Prathumthani with only the hassles of a long line of Thais to deal with. Everyone had to watch a video for an hour or so, check eyesight, and do a reaction test for pressing the brake. I got my car license that day but wasn't able to get my motorcycle license because I let it expire last year. I was told I would have to go to the province where I initially got it and renew it there since it as expired.

15 minutes ago, BUSBY said:

How long is normally allowed after the expiry date please.

You have up to a year  to renew with just the minimal reaction and sight test   more than a year  you have to

to the whole caboodle again.

• Like 1

Question has anyone been able to get a queue  number no line for Bangkok DLT div #3. All the apps i have tried on line do not let you fill in the form using Pass Port number. Does anyone know how long they will let us drive on expired license. First post after 29 years here.  

Thank you for the courteous follow up reply TBTF

I did a bit of research and went to the local driving school in Sri Racha.

They have a facility for preparing, arranging and providing all relevant paper work needed and stamped  along with an arranged appointment at the Bang Lamung licence center.

In my case the following day.

Total cost for this brilliant service was 250 which I think was more than reasonable considering what you get for it.

I went to the DLA and went upstairs, turned left into the licence issuing dept. Counter 2 as instructed and was in and out in less than one hour.

Thanks to you and Johng I was encouraged to look outside the forum and it was certainly much appreciated. 

250 at the driving center plus 555 at the local DLC = 805 which is so cheap for renewal fees, and the all important new five year licence.

Oh I forgot to add it cost me 300 baht for the required certified address letter from Siracha immigration..

It is valid for 60 days from issue but they take the original at the DLC so I would advise photo copying it as it could come I handy for future reference, especially if Immigration should they question where you live and possible non reporting it.

Best Regards and stay safe.

Michael

Hiya PJ,

The one I used works in conjunction with the Bang Lamung D.Center.

In my case a school at Sri Racha, they contacted them after processing my documents, forwarded all via there online facility with them

I had to wait for just under 3/4 of an hour for this to be checked and  make an appointment for me.

They got a vacant slot for the following day and I was provided with the details, plus confirmation of the appointment.

The slot was from 11 am to 11.45 but I got there early, reported to counter 2 who allowed me to renew without having to wait for the allotted time.

It was so easy and well worth the extra 250 baht fee they charged for their services.

There are many unofficial driving schools and sadly it appears this is where your difficulty has arisen.

Perhaps a search on line may provide you with the school that can provide you with this service.

Good luck

Busby