Thaksin's Little Girl Right At Home In London

Thaising

well this thread shows a lot about some of the barflys on this forum.

I wish her the best, she didnt choose her parents (unless you believe otherwise) and deserves what ever she strides for. It must of been very hard on the family to pack and leave in such scarey circumstances.

Agree with Tornado....we should leave this lovely girl alone. She has enough burden becuase of his family situation.

She, like all of us, does the best she can to live her life, in the way she has been trainned for. She is very young an financially very lucky, but I do not think life is so easy for her as we may think.

Give her a chance.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has to take no responsibility of her father political or legal situation...by all means I think that she has nothing to do with that…...

:o:D

She and her brother were right in the thick of all the Shin Corp. scamming and wheeling and dealings...

She had VERY MUCH to do with it all as the largest stockholder....

As an adult, she has to shoulder that responsibility...

Edited by sriracha john

She has to take no responsibility of her father political or legal situation...by all means I think that she has nothing to do with that…...

She and her brother were right in the thick of all the Shin Corp. scamming and wheeling and dealings...

She had VERY MUCH to do with it as the largest stockholder....

It's not uncommon for income to be assigned to one's children to lessen taxation, be the parents coal miners or deposed PMs. I hardly think this girl is a mastermind of financial intrigue, but she's obviously an easy target that can't fight back so I'm not surprised how many jump on the bandwagon.

Yeah I agree, she may be a major shareholder but in name only, Thai's of her age are often controlled by the older family members, legally she may be party to the deception but in practise she would have had little choice or even knowledge of what was going on, still think she's bit of a moose though, but with box head as her dad, she couldn't help that much either :o

:D :D

She had VERY MUCH to do with it all as the largest stockholder....

As an adult, she has to shoulder that responsibility...

Are you reading what you're posting or is this also copied/pasted? I did read and I wish I didn't :o

Sorry, but I thought with the thread title, Thaksin's Little Girl Right At Home In London, it was going to be about this woman, who he's been spotted with shopping at Harrods:

mai001.jpg

Mai Charoenpura

actually, if that is her she can stay for <deleted> free. :o:D :D

she's bloody awesome. :D

Sorry, Terry... that's not his daughter.

You have to pay attention to her name at the bottom of the photo, Terry... :D

She's a rather famous Thai singer that's reportedly been Thaksin's companion lately as he struggles during his many weeks away from his equally sexy wife, Potjaman. They could pass for sisters, yes?

It's not uncommon for income to be assigned to one's children to lessen taxation, be the parents coal miners or deposed PMs. I hardly think this girl is a mastermind of financial intrigue, but she's obviously an easy target that can't fight back so I'm not surprised how many jump on the bandwagon.

If she was 9, yes... I would be more forgiving, but as a fully legal adult, she has to be made responsible for any and all wrong-doings... and it seems the current investigators are doing just that by holding her to that standard... making her the subject of civil and criminal proceedings for HER misdeeds, not her father's.

Edited by sriracha john

Pinthongta was recently spotted at Funky Buddha, a famous club in London known as the favored hotspot of Prince Harry and other high-flyers.

High-flyers or not, it's perplexing that a Thai Buddhist would be seen in a place that has gotten a lot of flack in Thailand for its blasphemous (by Thai standards) display of Buddha images in a bar setting.

:D

post-9005-1177057056.jpg

Does anyone think that high flyers like miss T give a sod about Buddhism?

Just the same as most western politicians and hi-so's don't give a toss for Christianity.

Just turn up at the Temple or Wat and go through the motions for the cameras.

Personally I don't give a ###### where she is or what she's doing as long as it don't impact on my life. I don't care what visa she has or how she got it, she's paying her way which is more than a lot of ragbags arriving in the UK do or even some of the ones born and bred there. That it appears she got her wealth by dodgy means is for the Thai people to fret over and recover by legal means.

I would, though, be interested in what grades she achieves at that business school as that would highlight the poor state of education in Thailand OR confirm that grades can be bought in the UK.

PS there's a bar here in KL, Savannh, that has Buddha images and artifacts around it. Quite a nice bar actually apart from being airconditioned to just above absolute zero but it's incogruous supping beer in front of a Buddha image. :o

If she was 9, yes... I would be more forgiving, but as a fully legal adult, she has to made responsible for any and all wrong-doings... and it seems the current investigators are doing just that by holding her to that standard... making her the subject of civil and criminal proceedings for HER misdeeds, not her father's.

I don't see how anyone could be so eager to beat on this girl as to think that she could even grasp the complexities of what her father was doing, but if it makes you feel better to do so, then so be it. I had a higher opinion of you than was warranted it seems.

well this thread shows a lot about some of the barflys on this forum.

I wish her the best, she didnt choose her parents (unless you believe otherwise) and deserves what ever she strides for. It must of been very hard on the family to pack and leave in such scarey circumstances. I was never a supporter of Thaksin, but look what we have now.

I also wonder at times about some of the posters here.Can't believe the vitrol they have for somebodies kid <deleted>.

If she was 9, yes... I would be more forgiving, but as a fully legal adult, she has to made responsible for any and all wrong-doings... and it seems the current investigators are doing just that by holding her to that standard... making her the subject of civil and criminal proceedings for HER misdeeds, not her father's.

I think that if my father would have been multimillionare I would have participated in all his arrangements with no questioning....and when adult, probably I would do it in full acceptance and cooperation.........

would'nt any of you?...or I am in the wrong forum?

Certainly been an adult she has to take accountability, but it is naive not to understant that the mastermind of all the family financial affairs is Taksin himself.

Family members are just instruments, and they lend themselves as any family member of all rich families do it.

Pinthongta was recently spotted at Funky Buddha, a famous club in London known as the favored hotspot of Prince Harry and other high-flyers.

High-flyers or not, it's perplexing that a Thai Buddhist would be seen in a place that has gotten a lot of flack in Thailand for its blasphemous (by Thai standards) display of Buddha images in a bar setting.

post-9005-1177057056.jpg

Just the same as most western politicians and hi-so's don't give a toss for Christianity.

PS there's a bar here in KL, Savannh, that has Buddha images and artifacts around it. Quite a nice bar actually apart from being airconditioned to just above absolute zero but it's incogruous supping beer in front of a Buddha image. :o

Personaly i can't think of a bar or dining establishment in Thailand that i have been to that does NOT have a image of Lord Buddha in it or HRH the King for that matter.

Alot of you people realy are ignorant to the beliefs of Thai people.

Sorry, maybe in the deep south there are exeptions.

I don't see how anyone could be so eager to beat on this girl as to think that she could even grasp the complexities of what her father was doing, but if it makes you feel better to do so, then so be it. I had a higher opinion of you than was warranted it seems.

I just don't want to see her behavior excused as "she didn't know what she doing" or "she's just a kid", etc. when that's not the reality.

Is she wholly contemptible? Not really... more than anything else, it highlights just how contemptible her father is in that he placed his offspring in the precarious position they find themselves today. It is he who will have to live with his decisions to use them in such a way.

On the other hand, at the end of the day, she and her brother are adult accessories in all of this. It may be a hard way to learn the responsibilities that go along with being an adult and that accountability go along with the privileges of the life she's been given, but hopefully she'll come out of it the wiser for it.

Yeah I agree, she may be a major shareholder but in name only, Thai's of her age are often controlled by the older family members, legally she may be party to the deception but in practise she would have had little choice or even knowledge of what was going on, still think she's bit of a moose though, but with box head as her dad, she couldn't help that much either :D

For goodness sake,don't let common sense get in the way here. :D All of her haters could not comprehend this in a month of sundays. :o

I think that if my father would have been multimillionare I would have participated in all his arrangements with no questioning....and when adult, probably I would do it in full acceptance and cooperation.........

would'nt any of you?...or I am in the wrong forum?

Certainly been an adult she has to take accountability, but it is naive not to understant that the mastermind of all the family financial affairs is Taksin himself.

Family members are just instruments, and they lend themselves as any family member of all rich families do it.

It's encouraging that you are at least now saying she has to take accountability for her actions.

I'm under no misgivings that Thaksin wasn't the ringleader in all of this, but his offspring... the man, Panthongthae, and the woman, Pinthongthae... not the boy and not the girl... and not the "kids," are accessories and are fully subject to any and all proceedings.

If what they did is deemed criminal, which is seems at present to be, then they must face that. Actually, during their testimony before the investigative committee, they denied any involvement and said it was their mother's secretary that directed all the affairs connected to the largest business transaction in Thailand history.... but their ridiculous sworn testimony aside, they must be held accountable.

Edited by sriracha john

post-9005-1177057056.jpg

Personaly i can't think of a bar or dining establishment in Thailand that i have been to that does NOT have a image of Lord Buddha in it or HRH the King for that matter.

Have you ever been to a bar in Thailand that had Buddha images displayed in the manner shown in the photo or even remotely similar to it?

I haven't.

Are you aware that quite a bit of press in Thailand was devoted to the story of the Funky Buddha bar when it opened in London and its condemnation by Thais?

post-9005-1177057056.jpg

Have you ever been to a bar in Thailand that had Buddha images displayed in the manner shown in the photo or even remotely similar to it?

I haven't.

Are you aware that quite a bit of press in Thailand was devoted to the story of the Funky Buddha bar when it opened in London and its condemnation by Thais?

Have YOU ever been in a bar in Thailand that DOES NOT display a Buddha image within it?

What has a bar in London displaying buddha images in a 'inapropriate by Thai standards' (in other words over sensitivity) have to do with Thai people in Thailand any more than Thai people on Silom road in Bangkok selling t-shirts saying 'F*** Off Jesus' have to do with people in the UK?

<snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
Flame comment deleted

actually, if that is her she can stay for &lt;deleted&gt; free. :o:D :D

Terence, dear,you are getting quite carried away! The young ladies Miss Ping Pong and Miss Mai? Just how many rooms do you have to rent?

Nevertheless, consider it done, but now Mrs Blighty will have to clear it with the man himself.

Don't unroll your hose until you see the flames, young man! :D

Used to drink in bars and she-beens all over the the middle east /west Africa which had pictures and momentos to various religous and political figures on the wall behind the optics...

...Jesus Christ,Mohammed,Col.Nasser,Karl Marx,both Lennons,Angel Gabriael,Madonnas(both), Pope John the 23rd.......and...err......Saddam :D

and ....nobody gave a monkeys........

unfortunately now the nutters have taken over........ :o

post-9005-1177057056.jpg

I haven't.

Have YOU ever been in a bar in Thailand that DOES NOT display a Buddha image within it?

What has a bar in London displaying buddha images in a 'inapropriate by Thai standards' (in other words over sensitivity) have to do with Thai people in Thailand any more than Thai people on Silom road in Bangkok selling t-shirts saying 'F*** Off Jesus' have to do with people in the UK?

< - Snipped - >

Yes, I have never been to a bar in Thailand that shows a row of large Buddha images prominently displayed, such as depicted in the photo of the Funky Buddha bar.

My point was simply that it was surprising that Pinthongtha, being a Thai Buddhist and someone I would have expected to have heard of the negative focus on the place, would visit it. To use your example, it would be akin to Tony Blair's grown offspring (and I freely admit to not knowing if he even has any) of actually buying that "F*** Off Jesus" t-shirt on Silom. I would think that would surprise a portion of the British population.

As for your last paragraph, I'll simply recognize that you are a new poster on thaivisa and hope that you can realize there's no need to over-personalize any issue with directed, derogatory comments. We're all simply interested in discussing things and try to do so without flaming. With that in mind, I'll simply repost the earlier comments of the moderator and encourage to comply. Thank you.

Play nicely please gentlemen, lets not get into a flame war and lets also keep the name calling and wild insults out of this thread - that goes for members of the board and subjects of discussion. Thanks!
Edited by sriracha john

Mentioned this to K.wifee who is a pretty devout Buddist and she recons Pinthongta can do what she likes...and in typ T fashion ...up-2 her......no hang ups

Poss one reason that i cant say anything negative about what must be the most understanding religon on the face of the wots-it (an me x -pape as well ) :D

Also suggested that she might fancy going along there one night just to check it out (F.B.bar )

Nope ......

Why ?.....well if she goes there (Pee Pinth..that is ) then it must be expensive and we gotta spend our money in Chiang Mai...(house ...land ..business ..school..etc)....

MPR ...never mind..back to the local Moon under the...for a £1-88 pint of Carling... :o ...

.might nip down for a look.... :D

Sorry, but I thought with the thread title, Thaksin's Little Girl Right At Home In London, it was going to be about this woman, who he's been spotted with shopping at Harrods:

mai001.jpg

Mai Charoenpura

actually, if that is her she can stay for &lt;deleted&gt; free. :o:D :D

Sorry, Terry... that's not his daughter.

You have to pay attention to her name at the bottom of the photo, Terry... :D

She's a rather famous Thai singer that's reportedly been Thaksin's companion lately as he struggles during his many weeks away from his equally sexy wife, Potjaman. They could pass for sisters, yes?

Where have you heard these reports about Thaksin hanging out with this absolutely beautiful singer? Can't imagine his wife is too happy about that. Should be more discreet if true.

Mai Charoenpura the Lady posted in the previous message is 38.

Born on January 5, 1969.

The photo is most likely an old pic but nevertheless an attractive singer, performer and actress.

This is a link (in German) with more photos of her during a concert in Zurich/Switserland in 2005.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

LaoPo

She looks quite different, I had a hard time believing it was the same girl. However, I noticed similairity in the top lip and nose.

I could look at the first picture all day and night.

As for Thaksin's daughter, she's quite cute herself.

I could look at the first picture all day and night.

Download the photo and send a copy online to your local photo-printershop and have a large copy printed.

Put it up the wall in your bedroom :o

ps: you might as well send a copy to Mr. T. for his bedroom :D

LaoPo

Mai Charoenpura the Lady posted in the previous message is 38.

Born on January 5, 1969.

The photo is most likely an old pic but nevertheless an attractive singer, performer and actress.

It gets me excited, so she must be her early 20's in the first picture! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Where have you heard these reports about Thaksin hanging out with this absolutely beautiful singer? Can't imagine his wife is too happy about that. Should be more discreet if true.

It's easier for me to go back and find the links to references in the English-language press, but it was said in a less vague, more direct manner in the Thai press. Certainly something his wife, Potjaman, would have seen. As for being discreet, it doesn't seem to be his style... no matter what the situation:

Gratuitously vague gossip

One of the richest men in Thailand - who we're not going to name, just to be obnoxious - has for a long time now had to do all his shopping at the world's luxury boutiques alone.

Just churned out of the rumour mill, though, is testimony that he now has some pretty company on his swank buying safaris.

He was seen at Harrod's in London, picking out purchases with celebrated singer Mai Charoenpura, who's known for such heartrending tunes as "Cry" and "Walking Endlessly".

Maybe he won't want to return to Thailand back so soon after all! (That was a hint.)

- The Nation, April 16, 2007

Anyone remember Mai Charoenpura's saucy pictures a long time ago? :o Someone at the photo-developing shop (this was obviously before digicams) nicked a set of some raunchy nud_e pix of her and sent them to the Thai newspapers.

Thaxo looks to be having a great time away from Khunying Porkymahn, eh? :D