Taxi To Victory

niggle

The 551 bus goes right there also for only 34 baht!

Just get on the shuttle bus at the airport that takes you to the main bus depot only about 4 minutes away

The airport shuttle bus to the Transportation Center can take 15 min. on the local, certainly more than 4 min. on the Express. And the 551 bus takes 60 min., and not much room for baggage, and you get dropped off ~ 1/2 km. from VM, with a nasty transfer (steep stairs; w/baggage to the BTS). This bus used to go via the motorway. Now it goes via the surface/access roads and stops about every 100 meters. I took it last week. A taxi should take less than 30 minutes, with say 210 on the meter (40 baht in one toll, I think, and another 50 baht for using the official taxi queue).

Anyne know the approximate price of taxi from airport to Victory Monument

ta !

About 300 to 350 baht with motorway fee depending on traffic

I pay about 200 including tips, sometimes 220. Here's how. You DO NOT need to take the tollway to go to Victory Monument, it makes the journey longer. If you tell the taxi driver "no tollway" then he ends up taking Rama IX road and Din Daeng that brings you right into Victory. But also, 50 baht of the savings is from going up to the departure level and flagging a taxi that has dropped somebody off. Word from the drivers is that they pay the police 20 baht for the privilege, but I've never seen any money change hands so use your own judgement if you want to pay the guy 20 baht extra.

I was pretty happy with the van service directly to Victory Monument from the transportation center at the airport. Brand new van, good driver, tollway, little waiting. 45 baht, I think. I take it not to save money, but because I have had several bad taxi drivers. When I have luggage I take a taxi.