Myanmar National Returning Home

Can anyone tell me if a Myanmar National, with a valid Myanmar Passport and a valid Thai Visa to visit Thailand, upon returning to Myanmar may only enter through Yangon, or are other entry points permitted ?

The question seems a little strange, I know, but this same individual cannot cross into Myanmar via Mae Sai/Tachalek. Someone said that it was some gov't thing regarding taxes and all returnees had to re-enter thru Yangon...

It would be much more convenient for this returnee to enter in Mandalay. Does anyone know if that is permitted>

This is via air travel of course.

Hi gonzo,

my girlfriend is a shan, holding a Union of myanmar passport.

The only say she could come down to thailand is via Air from Yangon, she stays 3hours away from Tachilek , which makes better sense to cross thailand from there but laws prohibit land travel through thailand. So she has to spend good money and precious time making a big detour, which explains why there are severeal burmese immigrants that crossed over to thailand via shady means.

hope this answers your qn, however, Myanmar has a new capital, so im not sure if it will be shifted to the new 1 or still in yanngon