What Asian Countries Can Thais Migrate To?

Sorry it's probably been asked before but I couldn't find anything.

What other Asian countries can thais migrate to, with an EU national partner and a child (1/2 Thai, 1/2 EU national)?

I'd be looking at the following countries:

China

Taiwan

Korea

Japan

Vietnam

If anybody knows anything I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks.

Sorry it's probably been asked before but I couldn't find anything.

What other Asian countries can thais migrate to, with an EU national partner and a child (1/2 Thai, 1/2 EU national)?

I'd be looking at the following countries:

China

Taiwan

Korea

Japan

Vietnam

If anybody knows anything I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks.

What do you mean by migration? Is it same like people goto Canada or Australia and become permanent resident? :o

Ok thanks. Is your unmarried partner counted as your 'family' in these kind of situations? And is it easy to show these kind of things for visas etc. Do you have the child 'regestered' on both your passports as a dependant and show this as proof, how do you show she is the mother of your child? as officially/legally this is the only connection that ye have.

I really know nothing of these kind of situations.

Thanks if ye can shed some light.

Virtually all countries allow spouses and children of working foreigners with proper paperwork to live with in the country. Unmarried partners can be problematic. All my colleagues in Singapore, Malaysia, China, and Thailand have had to use various tourist visas in order to have girl friends live with them. Surprisingly, China was the easiest to do this as a 6 months visa could be obtained with little hassle and some cash.

Asian countries expect parents of dependent children to be married, they are a little old fashion that way.

TH

Not quite. If the EU father goes to work/live in any of these countries can his Thai partner and their child come and live with him?

I think most of the countries allows that but you should include singapore in your list....... SIngapore loves expat from EU.

Edited by Usana

Not quite. If the EU father goes to work/live in any of these countries can his Thai partner and their child come and live with him?

I think most of the countries allows that but you should include singapore in your list....... SIngapore loves expat from EU.

Singapore loves expats from EU. The problem is that Singapore doesn't love defacto partners and wives (As I know it is really hard for a western-girl to find a job over there).

As a generalization most Asian nations allow visitation of some sort be it short or long stay for Thai's but each one is different in its requirements/applications. As I understand it, the Asean countries are not a problem for Thai's.

Since yours is a unique situation in that you and your unmarried spouse have a child, you really need to decide which country(ies) you are interested in or want to go to and then contact their consulate/embassy or check their website for specifics.

Virtually all countries allow spouses and children of working foreigners with proper paperwork to live with in the country. Unmarried partners can be problematic. All my colleagues in Singapore, Malaysia, China, and Thailand have had to use various tourist visas in order to have girl friends live with them. Surprisingly, China was the easiest to do this as a 6 months visa could be obtained with little hassle and some cash.

Asian countries expect parents of dependent children to be married, they are a little old fashion that way.

TH

Out of curiousity what amount of cash is involved besides the visa fee to obtain a visa for a thai girl to stay with me in China, if, I go and work there for a while. The reason I ask is because I am thinking of working in China ( teaching ) and would like to take my Thai girlfriend with me but am uncertain as to how much money is really needed to fulfill the requirements of a Tourist visa ( hopefully 6 months ).

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thank you

Get yourself a 'Z' type working visa before you go, it will be a hel_l of a lot easier for you.

It also automaticly entitles any spouses/family to stay there as long as you do. Don't know about girlfriends though. I'd be interested in this if you find out.

My stay in China was several years ago and since I never had to pay myself as my wife was on dependent visa I don't recal how much other guys had to pay. Maybe a couple the eqivelent of a couple of hundred dollars. Would suggest looking for a HK travel agent that could take care of it for you.

TH

Very interesting Neo.

I would like to ask if anyone can tell me which countries are easiest for a single Thai national to visit independantly as a tourist, and how long for.

Is it possible for Thais' to gain work permits for other Asian countries

Edited by Robski