Thai citizen going back to Chiang Mai from Luang Prabang. Quarantine ?

RedReding

Hi all,

My girlfriend (Thai citizen) and myself have been in Luang Prabang since early march. My girlfriend actually needs to go back to Chiang Mai to take care of important things.

I read a lot of contradictions on the web and can't get a definite answer regarding the quarantine situation. Do Thai citizens still need to go to a hotel chosen by the government to do a 14 days quarantine ?

Is there an option to do the quarantine in your own home ? Is there actually a quarantine at all for Thai citizens ?

According to the screenshot and link that I attached below Thai nationals only need to "avoid risky areas or communities for at least 14 days", no mention of quarantine at all.

Hope some of you experts here can help me out.

Thanks so much

https://jclao.com/these-are-the-requirements-for-foreigners-wishing-to-enter-thailand/

image.png.1aaad6a9ec7f89fe2034359ee6b37c10.png

Q: Do Thai citizens still need to go to a hotel chosen by the government to do a 14 days quarantine ?

A: Thai citizens must quarantine for 14 days. There are two choices. 1. State Quarantine, which is free for Thai citizens. 2. Alternative State Quarantine, which must be paid for. Either choice means you will be restricted to a hotel room for 14 days.

Q: Is there an option to do the quarantine in your own home ?

A: No. You can only go to facilities pre approved by the Thai government.

Q: Is there actually a quarantine at all for Thai citizens.

A: Yes. You must be isolated for 14 days. You will be strictly supervised during this period.

• Like 1

Your girlfriend needs to contact the Thai Embassy or Consulate. She will need to obtain a Certificate of Entry from them or she will not be able to enter Thailand.

The Embassy or Consulate will tell her exactly what she needs to do as her quarantine will need to be booked before she enters Thailand.

This is not a same day process, so start early if there is a pressing need to return.

• Like 1