Gordon Ramsay humiliated: Marco Pierre White’s brutal assessment of TV chef exposed

snoop1130

Just now, Jane Dough said:

Really. I think his top 100 tips on YouTube is some of the best advice any cook could want.

Mind you I am a gourmet.

Rooster

Yeah, "his", I'm sure. Not a team of underpaid researchers putting together and fact-checking his youtube content.

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

This is absolutely hilarious, you gotta watch this.

So Gordon in his usual quest for the obscure and little known cooks some....Pad Thai. Not scrambled eggs? No Pad Thai.

Anyway, so he thinks he did a decent Pad Thai...watch the reaction of the very honest Thai chef who tastes it....

Should have added 'Sauerkraut', just for you.

????

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Bring back Keith Floyd. He was superb 

Yes indeed - magnificent and hilarious as more wine was drunk! Quote from Wikipedia:-

On television, his eccentric style of presentation – usually drinking wine as he cooked and talking to his crew – endeared him to millions of viewers worldwide.

Keith Floyd1.jpg

CHEERS, KEITH!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, SVC Porter said:

Once I saw Gordy cook an Asian stir fry with Olive oil in the wok I knew he had no notion. One day he'll tell you that all the heat in a chili pepper is in the seeds whilst the next he'll say it's in the white membrane.  He's a salesman thats all and as for Michelin stars.....really....thats not food it's a plate full of pretentious peelings!

I once had a meal in a Starred restaurant and was presented with a dessert that had some sort of chocolate painted across the plate all artsy fartsy.......they were horrified when I finished my meal by licking said choccie off the plate lol.  I paid for it so I'm eating it <deleted>.

:thumbsup:

This article is like a history lesson. Yes, Marco, we know Ramsay was your protege - we have been told this over and over again for the past 20 years. We know you're a bit envious of Ramsay's success (money making) and having a dig at him brings you a bit more publicity. Ramsay lost a fortune in the 2008 crash and that led him to go to the US and do lots of TV work, which ended up being monstrously successful making him probably the world's most famous chef.

But then Kanye West is one of the most famous 'singers' today but would you say, therefore, he is the best?

2 hours ago, mrfill said:

This article is like a history lesson. Yes, Marco, we know Ramsay was your protege - we have been told this over and over again for the past 20 years. We know you're a bit envious of Ramsay's success (money making) and having a dig at him brings you a bit more publicity. Ramsay lost a fortune in the 2008 crash and that led him to go to the US and do lots of TV work, which ended up being monstrously successful making him probably the world's most famous chef.

But then Kanye West is one of the most famous 'singers' today but would you say, therefore, he is the best?

Successful indeed, this chef is worth 220 million USD. He's been on TV since 1998 and had long string of successful restaurants before that. He was just lucky to be in the right place, London, at the right time, just when the renaissance of British restaurant cooking began. And he happened to train with exactly the right people. Merely on the name of the people he trained with he could start an in-demand restaurant. But he's very hard-working and took his chance, for all the terrible food he cooks on youtube he's very prolific. 

On 7/20/2020 at 10:47 AM, soi3eddie said:

Even a non-chef should know that Olive Oil is no good for high temperature or flash frying. Sure Olive oil has lots of flavour but it's better for salads and dressings - not frying. The food and garlic is the flavour for Wok cooking.  

I use virgin  olive oil for frying. I prefer its lightness.  Food cooked at a slow and steady heat does retain flavour.  The constant refrain of not frying with olive oil is intended to discourage the idiots who deep fry everything.  Let's look at the  smoke over points for the oils;

Common Canola oil - 204C

Corn Oil 230-238C

Virgin olive oil - 210C

Peanut oil 230C

palm oil 235C

Lard 190C

Sesame oil 232C

Olive oil is  viable for many frying needs. Maybe not the best for deep frying, but for pan frying, most definitely acceptable. And  sorry to say, a wok is pan frying.

26 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

I use virgin  olive oil for frying. I prefer its lightness.  Food cooked at a slow and steady heat does retain flavour.  The constant refrain of not frying with olive oil is intended to discourage the idiots who deep fry everything.  Let's look at the  smoke over points for the oils;

Common Canola oil - 204C

Corn Oil 230-238C

Virgin olive oil - 210C

Peanut oil 230C

palm oil 235C

Lard 190C

Sesame oil 232C

Olive oil is  viable for many frying needs. Maybe not the best for deep frying, but for pan frying, most definitely acceptable. And  sorry to say, a wok is pan frying.

prefer johnsons baby oil myself.

11 hours ago, Logosone said:

What a contrast, Keith Floyd, one of the most charming people on TV and then Gordon Ramsay perhaps the most dislikeable cook to ever be on TV.

You might be happier if you watched less Ramsay videos but he’d thank you for adding to his YouTube earnings. ????

On 7/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, twocatsmac said:

Ok, you licked the choccy off the plate.

I was on a flight from BKK to LHR with short stopover in Europe last year and the second leg was also in business class which obviously consists of economy seats with a bit more room in the first few rows and served a cold main meal.  The cold main was lovely, even though I can't remember what the main was, but it also came with a little pot of something which looked like finely diced cucumber, carrots and stuff with a nice sweet sauce buried underneath.  

The main was quite tart and the sweetness of the accompanying pot of sauce perfectly harmonised the dish and was absolute culinary heaven.  I then became aware of my immediate neighbour giving me very odd looks and didn't think much of it as I was tired out after 10.5 hours from BKK to Europe so my senses weren't really on alert.

Then it finally dawned that I was spreading the chocolate desert and toppings over the main.  I don't care, it was lovely.  

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Wow! I didn't realise you were a Michelin star chef, qualified to cast judgement on the likes of Ramsey and Oliver.

We are truly blessed on Thai Visa.

all i've ever seen you do is criticize others  ;  others that can write more than one unoriginal sentence

and are entertaining to read.   you, sadly, possess neither of those qualities.   just the one quality

that only a handful here seem to share with you : being boorish .

but don't take it personally..... we do welcome all types here on TV 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Really. I think his top 100 tips on YouTube is some of the best advice any cook could want.

Mind you I am a gourmet.

Rooster

Gourmet, what type of bird is that, i thought you were a Rooster! (sarc.)

On 7/20/2020 at 9:26 PM, SVC Porter said:

I'd have had to dig her up first......and I'm sure the staff would have loved me carting a corpse into their store!

In other news I've never eaten a McDonalds

I doubt McDonald's staff would've reacted to another corpse. 

• Haha 1