Any pitch (chip) and putt courses in beach holiday (HuaHin, Phuket) locations?

Airalee

Just curious if there are any of those par 3 pitch(chip) and putt courses here in Thailand.  The kind where they furnish you with a 9 iron (or wedge) and a putter and let you go have some inexpensive beginners fun?   I’m not good enough for a long course so it wouldn’t worth the money having to pay to rent clubs, hire a caddy, expensive greens fees etc.  

I was hoping to head somewhere like HuaHin or even more preferably, Phuket for a holiday out of Bangkok so if anybody has some recommendations...I’m all ears.

Thanks!

The only one I am aware of, but there must be more, is the 9 hole at Pratumnak in Pattaya at the Asia Hotel. Not sure if you can hire clubs or not. It has been mentioned before so perhaps doing a search will bring up more details if interested.

Certainly the Asia Hotel in Pratamnak is a casual par 3 course. I heard that Burapha Golf Club maybe re introducing their popular par 3 18 hole course shortly. They have created new tee boxes on their existing layout so you have 18 different holes to play. Great short game pratice.

Outside Bangkok, I cannot help, but from Bangkok (in Western Pathum Thani), there is a 9 hole course at Bangkok Golf. In Bangkok is Kasco Golf on Srinakarin and Par 3 Master, which is SSW of DMK airport.

Give us some feed back if you find other places and report how they were.

18 hours ago, Pilotman said:

They are all 'chip and put' courses to me, I'm so <deleted> at golf that I  rarely get more than 100 yards with any kind of club. I only really need a sand wedge and a putter to complete 18 holes, in about 6 hours.   Its a soul destroying game.  

I feel your pain. I enjoy the game but stick mostly to driving ranges now. The difference for me between the clubs is that if i miss-hit the ball with the sand wedge, it will go high and rapidly swing to the left, a 5 iron will curl left but becomes a grass cutter quickly enough. At driving ranges i don't really care but on a proper course it was embarrassing so I would hit on the front foot to be safer for others. 

Like the op, I'd also be interested to find some pitch and puts, where there's less snobbery. Out of interest though do many bad players actually go golfing? In the UK I'd sprint round the course so I wouldn't hold up the people behind me with my extra shots.

Edited by alien365

3 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I feel your pain. I enjoy the game but stick mostly to driving ranges now. The difference for me between the clubs is that if i miss-hit the ball with the sand wedge, it will go high and rapidly swing to the left, a 5 iron will curl left but becomes a grass cutter quickly enough. At driving ranges i don't really care but on a proper course it was embarrassing so I would hit on the front foot to be safer for others. 

Like the op, I'd also be interested to find some pitch and puts, where there's less snobbery. Out of interest though do many bad players actually go golfing? In the UK I'd sprint round the course so I wouldn't hold up the people behind me with my extra shots.

In fairness, at the golf course I go to, nobody seems to care if you are bad at the game, So long as you let the good players through, its just a nice walk in the sun, spoiled by that little white ball and those sticks you have to carry.  Still, a nice young, pretty caddy really helps. 

16 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

In fairness, at the golf course I go to, nobody seems to care if you are bad at the game, So long as you let the good players through, its just a nice walk in the sun, spoiled by that little white ball and those sticks you have to carry.  Still, a nice young, pretty caddy really helps. 

it's good that your course doesn't care about your standard. Even at my local driving range, people who are not very good are asked to go upstairs away from the serious players on the ground level. I'd have been sent upstairs long ago if it were not for my friend who is good. My only saving grace for going on a proper golf course is that I'm decent at putting, so I can at least impress the pretty caddy to redeem myself a bit there.