Illegal Microsoft Xp ?

Luckydog

I will give Microsoft my money when they can come up with something that is 100 percent secure and stable, which will not happen in the near future.

You'd probably come up with an excuse to steal that too :o

If you really mean that BS excuse you just made, give your money to Apple then.

The only BS here is what you are spewing mr. masked man.

So you claim that microsoft products don't suffer from bugs and are 100 percent stable, you must be on crack.

I will never buy proprietary systems, apple or other.

Stealing is defined as taking something that is not yours, I never do that, I pay for my software, albeit at Pantip.

If you mean that I am abusing the copyright, that is a different matter, but don't call me a thief, you coward, and stop hiding behind your mask.

Edited by pampal

Well, if you've been paying attention you would have noted that almost every time there's a critical security issue for Windows, I'm almost always the first to bring it up in the tech forum.

Some others here have pointed out that they used pirated software and have no problems with it. I disagree with them but respect their honesty.

Those who go making wuss excuses are another matter. You DO use proprietary software, you just don't pay for it.

As for the mask thing well, maybe making a big chest thumping scene about hiding behind a mask while using an alias (as most of us do here) is just a bit silly. :o

Edited by cdnvic

A pirate copy of XP will still get all the security updates. They are installed automatically without u asking. You are only asked or notified of the non-critical updates. Usually the critical updates are downloaded, and then u get a notice (updates have been downloaded for your computer, you need to restart the computer to install these updates). When u click start: turnoff , it will say. Turn off your computer to install updates, Do not interrupt the shut down process. Windows will shut down automatically, or something like that.

A pirate copy of XP will still get all the security updates. They are installed automatically without u asking. You are only asked or notified of the non-critical updates. Usually the critical updates are downloaded, and then u get a notice (updates have been downloaded for your computer, you need to restart the computer to install these updates). When u click start: turnoff , it will say. Turn off your computer to install updates, Do not interrupt the shut down process. Windows will shut down automatically, or something like that.

I am not sure that goes for all pirat copys, the people that download the "genuine validation tool" in many cases very quicly get a warning from microsoft that the software is a copy, and I hear more and more stories where the windows copy chrashes shortly after that especially in Europe and Usa, I dont know if it really is microsoft doing that, or as some suggest a virus playing microsoft police, but if you are running a pirat copy I would make sure to backup my files on some form of media, cd, usb drive, unless ofcause you are a real man, they dont do backups. :D:o

i got my laptop at it plaza in bangkok hp presario, when i brought it , it came with xp home then i took it down to the ground floor where a guy installed xp pro when i went on the internet i was told that my xp pro was illegal 2 weeks later after i knackerd it ( look back in this thread ) i took it back for re install this time he used the latest release version march 2007 went home and checked it out and was supprised to find msoft said its the real deal the guy charges 200 baht also he loaded it with loads of othere progs

My only problem with MS and Windows is that whilst the price of a PC comes down every single year, the cost of the operating system doesn't, so what you have now is an operating system that costs a very large proportion of the price of the computer as a whole. Its a bit ridiculous when MS makes far more money than Intel, AMD etc...

For example someone mentioned a price of 6,000 Baht - thats insane when a computer can be had for 12-15k baht. Add in Office and its nearly trebled the price of your PC. That sort of pricing made sense years ago when a basic computer cost thousands, it makes less sense now.

My only problem with MS and Windows is that whilst the price of a PC comes down every single year, the cost of the operating system doesn't, so what you have now is an operating system that costs a very large proportion of the price of the computer as a whole. Its a bit ridiculous when MS makes far more money than Intel, AMD etc...

For example someone mentioned a price of 6,000 Baht - thats insane when a computer can be had for 12-15k baht. Add in Office and its nearly trebled the price of your PC. That sort of pricing made sense years ago when a basic computer cost thousands, it makes less sense now.

Totally agree.....the price charged for a windoze system is ridiculously high.....yet another reason to change to LInux..................Ubuntu comes with many free applications....as does many other linux systems...if you can find a "live " CD....you can try them without installing.....

It is also possible to run BOTH linux AND windoze .....dual boot..on your computer......and at start, you can opt for either OS.I now only use windows for video editing.....because I am too lazy to learn another app...

for everything else ......?....linux, of course!!!!

Wait! Wait! Wait! You can buy illegal software in Thailand? Where?

The deputy PM raided Pantip Plaza and went away with one smutty dvd, a couple of mp3 disks and a red face.

I bought my genuine windows at Pantip for a 150 baht. The guy told me it was a discount as it was 2005 XP.