I'm Not Really This Vain, But Maybe A Little-portrait Painting?

josephdeka

OK, have you seen that auto insurance commercial where the guy shows his wife the new painting he commissioned of himself? I'd like to have that done for me. If its cheap enough, I'd love to commission different paintings to be sent to my friends and family back in the USA, so they can hang a giant shirtless picture of me in their living rooms, with of course embellishments in the painting like size removed from my waist area and added to my you know where....just for fun...just a thought.

Anyway, if the price is right, I'd like to have portraits commissioned while I'm in Chiang Mai. Does anyone know how much it costs to have something like this done? Given cost of living, I imagine it would be pretty affordable, but I'm not sure. Any advice, any suggestions?

OK, have you seen that auto insurance commercial where the guy shows his wife the new painting he commissioned of himself?

Uh, no. We live in Chiang Mai.....

I'd like to have that done for me. If its cheap enough, I'd love to commission different paintings to be sent to my friends and family back in the USA, so they can hang a giant shirtless picture of me in their living rooms

You're joking, right? Yes, I hope?

, with of course embellishments in the painting like size removed from my waist area and added to my you know where....just for fun...just a thought.

Where exactly is that "you know where" ?!?

Anyway, if the price is right, I'd like to have portraits commissioned while I'm in Chiang Mai. Does anyone know how much it costs to have something like this done? Given cost of living, I imagine it would be pretty affordable, but I'm not sure. Any advice, any suggestions?

Dude, for a guy who says he's moving here, willing to live in squalor and poverty (according to your other post) I don't know if commissioning paintings is such a smart plan, financially speaking...

No disrespect intended.... :o

Maybe you can find a girlfriend at the art college near the Muay Thai center. Then you could get your portrait painted between massages.
Wise words indeed.

nearly wet myself laughing :o

Without tending any disrespect..... for someone who wants to fit in with finding new friends while livinging in CM, please TRY and fit in...... you have to be careful that you don't dork yourself out of the real sphere in this part of the world...

Its hard to put into words and explain...... but too many times newbies come over, with little if any world travel experience , and too many time its from the US, where life is a little different,,,, and they create their own hardships.....

Best of luck to you with your visit

:o

You can get portraits painted from photographs in the Night Bizarre basement area. However I sincerely feel your limited budget will not stretch to a decent sized picture in Oils.

Alternatively, try BespokePortrait(dot)Com. They seem to be able to offer something along the lines you desire.

Again, as with the OP's other thread, (Single Guy & Chiang Mai women.) I am concerned about this thread too. Please keep it on topic without trolling or flaming. I understand it is open to such, but let's keep it decent, Okay!