Anyone have experience using an agent? Good or bad?

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

The use of agents is bigger than many presume. I know a bunch of old guys in Pattaya that think the agents office is the immigration office. A couple of them dont even realise they are using an agent. One old guy very impressed that the immigration office makes him a cup of tea while he waits.

Watching a youtube video the other day, "how much does it cost to live in Thailand" and the guy actually had 40k a year in the budget for his visa. 

Hey Peter,Thats made my day.Funny as hell...I told the "old boot" and even she laughed ...Hell would freeze over before the IO in the office made you a cuppa.lol

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I know a bunch of old guys in Pattaya that think the agents office is the immigration office. A couple of them dont even realise they are using an agent. One old guy very impressed that the immigration office makes him a cup of tea while he waits.

That's very sweet.  I hope they never get taken advantage of though.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, time2093 said:

I can see a lot of guys using agents due to the boarders being closed who are on a Non O visa and dont have the financial requirements. I'm in the process of using an agent myself here in Issan that was recommended by a few guys on this forum for my marriage extension.

I have asked my agent about their connection in immigration and she told me many agents use the same immigration region and pay off the commander in charge who signs off on their extension. Mine cost 25k+ 1k for them to do the 90 day report for me for the year for me as my IO is far from where I live.

I don't know where you live but you're paying double than myself. I pay 12,500 ++ for multiple entry etc.90 day reports are free.Where do you live?

On 8/19/2020 at 8:31 AM, jacko45k said:

You believe 'most' rather than some? Personally I use only one, and for a specific reason and feel they follow the official requirement.

Not everyone is lucky enough to have a user friendly IO Office. 

Once you have chosen where to stay that determines which office you MUST use, unless your choice of where to stay was based on the IO efficiency!

If you have one of the majority type of IO Office/Officer an agent can be a godsend for making life easier when doing a legal extension etc.

4 hours ago, jaideedave said:

I don't know where you live but you're paying double than myself. I pay 12,500 ++ for multiple entry etc.90 day reports are free.Where do you live?

My agent in CM is 7900;  Retirement extension and 90 day reports. (Not Multi Entry-I don't need them)

32 minutes ago, fangless said:

My agent in CM is 7900;  Retirement extension and 90 day reports. (Not Multi Entry-I don't need them)

There is a BIG gap difference in price that an agent charges for Marriage and Retirement extension as marriage from what I been quoted is more difficult and more paperwork to do which means more people at the top to pay off then retirement.

• Thanks 1