Car For Wife's Sister...what Is Good Choice?

My wife's sister is just graduating from university and we want to buy her a car. She does not need a truck or a SUV...but she would like something that will safely and smartly carry her and her friends. I want to get her something new.

Any suggestions for a 20 something girl?

Thanks.

My wife's sister is just graduating from university and we want to buy her a car. She does not need a truck or a SUV...but she would like something that will safely and smartly carry her and her friends. I want to get her something new.

Thanks.

A friend of mine said I should get a car for my wife and I thought it was a good idea but still can't find anyone willing to swap one for her BOOM BOOM!!

Ok sorry - back to serious. Like all things depends on the amount of money you are willing to pay ie budget and her ability to drive.

The Yaris is a nice car and so is the Jazz

Secondhand there are some good carola type cars around

I would suggest that you stick to a smaller (four seater) sedan with four cyliners and under 1600cc unless she is experienced driver doing long trips, can afford the extra fuel, or has some other needs

Hope this helps

CB

Thanks.

A friend of mine said I should get a car for my wife and I thought it was a good idea but still can't find anyone willing to swap one for her BOOM BOOM!!

Ok sorry - back to serious. Like all things depends on the amount of money you are willing to pay ie budget and her ability to drive.

The Yaris is a nice car and so is the Jazz

Secondhand there are some good carola type cars around

I would suggest that you stick to a smaller (four seater) sedan with four cyliners and under 1600cc unless she is experienced driver doing long trips, can afford the extra fuel, or has some other needs

Hope this helps

CB

The Jazz looks cute. If any of you have daughters or sisters-in-law out there who are 20 something graduates I would appreciate it if you would tap their minds about this. I want to make this a surprise.

Thanks again.

The Jazz looks cute. If any of you have daughters or sisters-in-law out there who are 20 something graduates I would appreciate it if you would tap their minds about this. I want to make this a surprise.

Thanks again.

I have a 20s something graduate GF who thinks its a cool car - she would, however, prefer a BMW 3 series!!

Thanks again.

I have a 20s something graduate GF who thinks its a cool car - she would, however, prefer a BMW 3 series!!

Sigh...I know...my sister-in-law has hinted that I should give her my SLK and buy myself a new one. So thoughtful of her to accept a used car. Girls will be girls....love 'em.

Sigh...I know...my sister-in-law has hinted that I should give her my SLK and buy myself a new one. So thoughtful of her to accept a used car. Girls will be girls....love 'em.

Well the SLK is a bit of a girly car anyways - so maybe she could have the SLK and your wife could get you an SL for your B'day.

if u are willing to spend that much money :o tax has suggested a good choice

mini is a vewy cute looking car :D but danned expensive for what it is.......

Edited by MiG16

how about a pink cadillac.

I saw something that look like that in red colour being on sale at the River bar last year....its obviously gone now......looked kinda cool in an antique way.......was tempted to consider it :o

but..........too many but..........

mini cooper or VW Beetle are 2 of the girliest cars out there...

although import tax doesn't exactly make them value for money. At least with a high-end import you get a good car for your money...

EDIT: before I opened the post I was thinking Suzuki Cariban or Dahaitsu Mira.

Any free car is a good car, right?

Edited by The Dan Sai Kid

Well the SLK is a bit of a girly car anyways - so maybe she could have the SLK and your wife could get you an SL for your B'day.

:o My BD is 8 months away and the girl needs a car by the summer.

although import tax doesn't exactly make them value for money. At least with a high-end import you get a good car for your money...

I've seen a few Mini Coopers here in BKK. They look like something she would like. What do you know about the dealer network and service reputation. I really want her to drive something reliable.

I've seen a few Mini Coopers here in BKK. They look like something she would like. What do you know about the dealer network and service reputation. I really want her to drive something reliable.

Mini service is pretty good in Thailand because mini is now essentially BMW which has a large branch network here. They are expensive though - as is the car with starting prices at Bt2.3m. I suspect insurance for your sister in law on the mini would be in excess of Bt50kp.a. - on a Honda Jazz about Bt15k. Mini Cooper is great if you can afford to buy it and she can afford to run it....

Mini service is pretty good in Thailand because mini is now essentially BMW which has a large branch network here. They are expensive though - as is the car with starting prices at Bt2.3m. I suspect insurance for your sister in law on the mini would be in excess of Bt50kp.a. - on a Honda Jazz about Bt15k. Mini Cooper is great if you can afford to buy it and she can afford to run it....

Thanks...I didn't know that (the BMW conection). Are the Mini cars sold through BMW dealers?

:o My BD is 8 months away and the girl needs a car by the summer.

You should get one of these Corky, stands out more than that old merc of yours!

Would be OK for the girl to drive too!

post-13984-1177587624_thumb.jpg

MINI.......i drive cooper s 2005, 2.9 MIL 10.000 km , not happy driving but nice for show.....

or i to old.

The going adage,

"you not only have to be rich,

but a fool too to buy one,"

is taken in good faith by MINI buffs in thailand.

Thanks.

A great choice, keep your money, let her buy one her self. :o:D