Succesful Import Of Fortuner

Cheers - thanks for the link!

Seems like this may be an option alright.

However, when i look at the cigarette light fitting it says 12V 120 watt. So I am a little concerned that the wattage will damage the battery.

I know nothing about all this stuff - should I worry about the wattage?

Comes with all the necessary wiring, optional dash mounted switch and universal mounting bracket. Carries a two year warranty by manufacturer. Features: For SUVs, vans, boats, RVs, tractors and equipment cabs New patented energy cell Energy efficient Instant heat output Adjustable thermostat Fan only and heat settings Dashboard switch 20 Ft. wire harness

my understanding is that it is wired from the battery , it does not take its power from the cigarette lighter. you may have to get a mechanic to wire it in for you.

Hello Appleman , Irish man here in Bangkok , just asking some info on your Fortuner. VRT waivered as you lived outside of Ireland for 6 months , did you have to pay any import duties on the car ?? can you send us a run down on what you did to get the fortuner home , thanks.

Hello Appleman , Irish man here in Bangkok , just asking some info on your Fortuner. VRT waivered as you lived outside of Ireland for 6 months , did you have to pay any import duties on the car ?? can you send us a run down on what you did to get the fortuner home , thanks.

I have documented the whole process and will send you the link.

I am not sure if I can post it here....

• 2 months later...

Hi applemanI would also be interested in this link.

Have a friend who will be attempting this soon and I have given him your info about the heater.

He will get it installed here before export.

Could you not import the heater parts from thailand and get a good mechanic to fit them?