Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

I have just been informed by my Honda Dealer that the CBR150 is no longer available to purchase new.

Nothing new in that.

However, they were VERY pleased to tell me that in September Honda are releasing not one but TWO new CBRs An upgraded FI 150cc and a....... FI 200cc model

I promptly said I would have a 200 ASAP.

I only hope its not the old Phantom engine up-graded to FI shoved in...that would be a huge back step.

maybe some other readers can enquire at their Honda dealers to check the story??

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'm about to find out just how good my CBR is. One year old this month, never had a problem of any kind, and tomorrow I'm heading out for a "road trip". Mueang Chiang Mai to Phan, Chiang Rai. Then to Nong Bua Lamphu, on to Pitsanulock, Udon Thani, then Khon Kaen. Then back to Chiang Mai. No special reason for the trip, other than to have some fun. Naturally my loving Thai wife thinks I'm nuts, but for the most part understands my need for a small "vacation" of this type. But only after I promised to take her to Koh Samui for a week later in the year. lol

Sounds great! Bring your rain gear as you'll probably need it later this week. Looking forward to your trip report.

I really didn't notice any vibration. In fact, on the two days out on the CBR150, I had the opportunity to ride about 7 different bikes(CBR's). Unbalanced wheels? Probably(somewhat, not enought to cause the amount of vibration)! I found the rides enjoyable, it was really just trying to find a comftorable spot on the bike. It's a problem of riding posture for me. Risers would be a good adjustment (providing a more upright posture), but I would like to he hear from other riders who may have found a solution. I think the seat, shock adjustment, and rising the bars as far as possible withouth the risers which was metioned by songoku777, is a very good start. And the picture was great Songoku77!

:D

Thnx Guys

dont mention it ^^. Yup thats a start.. and later on if you're not yet satisfied.. you can explore more complicated projects ^^

Thank's for your pedagogical efforts to share your experiences. :) Even though raising the

front and lowering the rear of the bike sounds somewhat unesthetical to me, and draining

the seat from stuffing sounds like..... moving sore from palms to another part of the body,

I imagine your mod package just might do it for me. Regarding lowering the the rear suspension:

Is it a matter of adjustment, or do you have to replace hardware?

'hardware' unfortunately :/ ..a Yamaha T135 (aka Sniper) monoshock would do nicely. I just had to add a little 'riser' since it was too short. Got it 2nd hand from someone who mod his T135 so the price was cheap. I saw a plug & play ohlins shock but it was insanely expensive. You may also want to check out YSS Shocks -those are highly available in Thailand.

I have to admit, the setup wasn't a contender in the 'looks' department.. unless you can bare with something that looks like this..

Notice how it makes the bike look 'longer' ...

cbr111.jpg

Basically, i tried to make it look something like an SV650s ....

sv650s.jpg

You're right.. the leaner seat takes the toll on me at some point. Tho i never found a 3 hour ride excruciating on the bum.

Have you had any problems running it without the bodywork?

T

Why the hel_l would Honda bring 2 cbr's out.

I can understand a cbr150fi and as i understood it they were considering a cbf250 and the Vfr250.

But hey its Honda so who knows (i don't think the dealers do :) )

Why the hel_l would Honda bring 2 cbr's out.

I can understand a cbr150fi and as i understood it they were considering a cbf250 and the Vfr250.

But hey its Honda so who knows (i don't think the dealers do :) )

Yes I agree entirely...all I did was repeat what I was told by the dealer.... who made a big thing of excitedly telling me the news of the new CBR. They know I want a bigger bike and not a tire kicker. I will press for more info now

What I hope Honda havent done is drop the old Phantom motor (with FI added) and box into the 150 frame. that would kill any serious buyer surely.

It does make sense to use the same bike, with a bigger motor tho for production purposes, rather than a whole new model of bike.

Love to have the VTR 250 dropped in!!

Curious tho, that they dont use the 125 version as the base model here rather than have 3 variants??

Time will reveal the true story...but if Honda time we may have a long wait.

Riding Posture was also one of my concerns when i bought a bike. Initially, i wanted a bike like this... originated from india originally known as the Bajaj pulsar. Came in 180, 200, and 220 cc.. oil cooled twin spark ignition... however none was for sale locally till after some time i got my CBR150.

rouser1.jpg

the best thing i liked about this bike is it's magnificent H4 headlight (unlike CBR150's crappy H6), the digital instrumentation, & the stock 120/80 tire (compared to CBR's 100/80)

Im not sorry for my purchase tho, since 'power' was also a major consideration. Tried & tested, the stock CBR150 needed only 90% effort to show the stock 200cc is no match for power & speed.

Having enjoyed the 'power' of my mini sportbike, now i had to find a way to 'enjoy' leisurely riding. Being more into muscle bikes with a more standard posture, i thought of adopting some of it's details. Budget was limited, so i just made a few adjustments to the CBR150's ergonomics...

cbr1i.jpg

Ofcourse there would be a lot more improvement if i were able to fit a 'riser' for the handlebars. I also needed longer throttle and clutch cables, not to mention the harness wires going to the switches. Too much hassle & costly so i did the next best thing...

A lower rear shock, more bucket(ed) seat, and handlebars raised to the maximum without affecting the clutch & throttle pull, plus the handlebars were angled more toward the rider to minimize crouching. The over all effect was a lot better than the stock. Seating position is now more 'upright' without feeling awkward or looking silly. The lowered rear suspension helps avoid leaning forward too much, so the palms & wrists take less weight & pressure.

:D The overall handling felt about just the same as the stock, tho rake & trail has somehow changed -its not really a big deal since i was never after touching my knees on the pavement on every corner.

Lower racing handlebars and rearsets are something i dont think i'll ever need for my riding purpose :)

Hello thanks for the interesting posts. I was just wondering what size tyre you used on the front ? I am going to upgrade my stock IRC's , as they have the ability to jump and skip in corners and that is not even with much leaning.

Thanks for the reply in advance.

Ride safely.

However, they were VERY pleased to tell me that in September Honda are releasing not one but TWO new CBRs An upgraded FI 150cc and a....... FI 200cc model

I promptly said I would have a 200 ASAP.

Is this the same dealer that took your deposit on a VTR250 way back when? (Just curious- did you get that deposit back or ask him to roll it over for the CBR200?) :D:D:)

Why will Honda in their right mind will introduce a 200cc engine, Honda Thailand is currently producing lots of 250cc's for the Japanese market. It is therefore more likely that at some time in the future Honda Thailand will not only export this 250s but also sell them domestically.

I hope that the news of the "CBR150 is no longer available to purchase new" did not come as a big surprise...

T

None at all. Plus it's easier to 'service' and clean, and if there's anything wrong with the engine.. i notice it more easily.

I primarily did this for aesthetics -like a CBR150 street fighter. I guess not even 10% of CBR150 users think its nice. But to each his own ^^

Hello thanks for the interesting posts. I was just wondering what size tyre you used on the front ? I am going to upgrade my stock IRC's , as they have the ability to jump and skip in corners and that is not even with much leaning.

Ride safely.

90/80 front. I've seen other folks fit as big as 100/80 or 110/70. Btw., the stock IRCs work well too.. as long as the road is hot & dry. Beware of little pebbles or sand tho.

Here's a closer look at the front 90/80 tires...

38619973.jpg24202500.jpg

anyone need any unlimited CDI's? My plans to become insanely rich selling CBR 150 parts (cbr 125 abroad) to foreign markets have fallen flat on its face. CDI's at cost if anyone wants them.

QUOTE (troehr @ 2010-06-02 14:49:23)

T

None at all. Plus it's easier to 'service' and clean, and if there's anything wrong with the engine.. i notice it more easily.

I primarily did this for aesthetics -like a CBR150 street fighter. I guess not even 10% of CBR150 users think its nice. But to each his own ^^

QUOTE (ThaiMouse @ 2010-06-03 20:32:44)

Ride safely.

90/80 front. I've seen other folks fit as big as 100/80 or 110/70. Btw., the stock IRCs work well too.. as long as the road is hot & dry. Beware of little pebbles or sand tho.

Here's a closer look at the front 90/80 tires...

38619973.jpg24202500.jpg

Hi songoku777, I replaced my tyres today with Dunlop K275, in 90/80-17 front and 100/90-17 rear. The bike feels more stable and leans better than before, with no skip or jump out in corners. All this while driving in torrential rain today in Phuket. Yip daring, new tyres and wet roads etc, but the bike seems much more happy. Any tyre pressure recomendations for a person weighing 110 kgs, as I am using 2.5 Bar front and 3.0 bar rear. Seems good to me. Take care.

anyone need any unlimited CDI's? My plans to become insanely rich selling CBR 150 parts (cbr 125 abroad) to foreign markets have fallen flat on its face. CDI's at cost if anyone wants them.

Maybe, how much is cost? I'd be more interested in a larger carb, like one for an NSR150. I'll take one of them if you have one. Any aftermarket pipes and mufflers?

Make up a list of what you have with prices, and post it up.

"aftermarket pipes and silencers dont work for he CBR, trust me on this."

I would like to disagree.

By what logic do you think that a larger downpipe and a freeflowing exhaust will not work better than the very restricted tiny original?

especially if your doing cams and a larger carb.

Ok, more grist for the rumor mill. Yesterday my wife and I took both cars to our favorite car wash to be cleaned. While that was being done we sat at one of those cement tables with the curved cement seat and my wife immediately struck up a conversation with a man who was sitting there. He had some very large binders open on the table displaying tires and it turns out he is a district manage for Goodyear tires. My wife then launched into our history of cars and motorbikes, and asked him what would be best for our current models. Somehow the discussion got around to my CBR 150, and how I was hoping Honda would come out with a CBR 200, as was rumored by some. At this point the man told her that I should wait because next year Honda was coming out with an upgraded and updated CBR 250. When she relayed this information to me, I told her Honda had stopped producing the CBR 250 in 1999, or thereabouts. The man said he was aware of this, but had reliable corporate info that they WERE going to bring it back, updated and improved, next year.

Meanwhile, I spent about 4 hours one day last week trying in vain to find any Honda website with a "contact us" tab in an effort to contact them in regards to a CBR 150 FI, CBR 200 FI, or anything along those lines. So if anyone can direct me to a web site that will allow me to contact them, I'll be happy to do so, and maybe we can get an answer straight from them.

Thanks

Edited by Just1Voice

"aftermarket pipes and silencers dont work for he CBR, trust me on this."

I would like to disagree.

By what logic do you think that a larger downpipe and a freeflowing exhaust will not work better than the very restricted tiny original?

especially if your doing cams and a larger carb.

I've noticed you like to disagree.

More power to you.

Kr. stop being sarcastic and let us KNOW why we should 'trust you'. If you have Dyno sheets showing no gains then ok.

But other wise stop making such broad sweeping comments.

I have only the seat of the pants dyno to work from but myself and many others think that a freerbreathing exhaust helps. ALSO most engine tuners state this too. You should have dyno sheets if you have developed your Cdi's right.

Ok, more grist for the rumor mill. Yesterday my wife and I took both cars to our favorite car wash to be cleaned. While that was being done we sat at one of those cement tables with the curved cement seat and my wife immediately struck up a conversation with a man who was sitting there. He had some very large binders open on the table displaying tires and it turns out he is a district manage for Goodyear tires. My wife then launched into our history of cars and motorbikes, and asked him what would be best for our current models. Somehow the discussion got around to my CBR 150, and how I was hoping Honda would come out with a CBR 200, as was rumored by some. At this point the man told her that I should wait because next year Honda was coming out with an upgraded and updated CBR 250. When she relayed this information to me, I told her Honda had stopped producing the CBR 250 in 1999, or thereabouts. The man said he was aware of this, but had reliable corporate info that they WERE going to bring it back, updated and improved, next year.

Meanwhile, I spent about 4 hours one day last week trying in vain to find any Honda website with a "contact us" tab in an effort to contact them in regards to a CBR 150 FI, CBR 200 FI, or anything along those lines. So if anyone can direct me to a web site that will allow me to contact them, I'll be happy to do so, and maybe we can get an answer straight from them.

Thanks

Just1voice... How was the trip to the east? Bike work okay?

Thanks

Just1voice... How was the trip to the east? Bike work okay?

Had to put the trip off for now. Doctors told me that with my back problem, a trip like that would NOT be a good idea, and that riding for 4-6 hours could aggravate the problem. They said I should wait a couple of more months till my back is better.

Squeak Squeak, I hope I don't break any posting rules, BUT, there are three CBR 150's for sale in the phuketgazette. Two are 2008 and one a 2007. Very good price and no, mine is not for sale. I really like my new Dunlop tyres, as I have not had any slipping nor slidding on them, not even in heavy rain.

Sorry if I have broken any rules, but you may know someone who wants to by a lovely little bike?

Ride safe.

Squeak Squeak, I hope I don't break any posting rules, BUT, there are three CBR 150's for sale in the phuketgazette. Two are 2008 and one a 2007. Very good price and no, mine is not for sale. I really like my new Dunlop tyres, as I have not had any slipping nor slidding on them, not even in heavy rain.

Sorry if I have broken any rules, but you may know someone who wants to by a lovely little bike?

Ride safe.

OOOPS ! Two are 2007 and one is 2008 model.

Ok, after searching fruitlessly for hours for a "Contact Us" tab on any and every Honda motorbike/motorcycle site I could find for Thailand, I finally found one on the Honda Motors website. So I sent them an email and politely asked them to please forward it to the motorbike/motorcycle division. I asked the following questions, in hopes of getting a definitive answer.

1) Is Honda going to come out with a CBR 150 F/I ?

2) Is Honda going to come out with a CBR 200 (F/I or not) ?

3) Is Honda going to bring back an updated version of the CBR 250 ?

I had my wife also call a friend of hers who works for the Honda dealership on Mahidol road and ask her friend to contact Honda with the same questions.

Now it's just a waiting game to see when, and if, they answer.

whistling.gif

Naturally my wife says that if they come out with a 250, it will be "too big". I remind her that just a few years before coming to Thailand I had a Kawasaki Ninja 650, which is much bigger than my current CBR 150, so the 250 will definitely not be "too big". Then it hit me that she means it is too big for her to ride, just as my CBR 150 is because her beautiful legs are just too short. lol. So, to keep her happy, I bought her a customized Honda Scoopy, so now she's happy again.

rolleyes.gif

Ok, after searching fruitlessly for hours for a "Contact Us" tab on any and every Honda motorbike/motorcycle site I could find for Thailand, I finally found one on the Honda Motors website. So I sent them an email and politely asked them to please forward it to the motorbike/motorcycle division. I asked the following questions, in hopes of getting a definitive answer.

1) Is Honda going to come out with a CBR 150 F/I ?

2) Is Honda going to come out with a CBR 200 (F/I or not) ?

3) Is Honda going to bring back an updated version of the CBR 250 ?

I had my wife also call a friend of hers who works for the Honda dealership on Mahidol road and ask her friend to contact Honda with the same questions.

Now it's just a waiting game to see when, and if, they answer.

whistling.gif

Naturally my wife says that if they come out with a 250, it will be "too big". I remind her that just a few years before coming to Thailand I had a Kawasaki Ninja 650, which is much bigger than my current CBR 150, so the 250 will definitely not be "too big". Then it hit me that she means it is too big for her to ride, just as my CBR 150 is because her beautiful legs are just too short. lol. So, to keep her happy, I bought her a customized Honda Scoopy, so now she's happy again.

rolleyes.gif

Good luck on the answers. As for "not tall" wives riding the CBR-150, mine will ride it in the Moo Bann. I'm looking for a Honda Zoomer for her to take on market runs. Nothing like 49 cc of raw automatic power to bring home the vegies......

T-Dog.

At 148cm tall, the only way she can reach the foot brake and shifter is if she puts on her "platform boots", and then she can't shift gears at all. Anyway, she loves the new Scoopy I got her. But you might want to check out the Honda dealer on Mahidol. They have a little 50cc Honda that you might be interested in. lol

T-Dog.

At 148cm tall, the only way she can reach the foot brake and shifter is if she puts on her "platform boots", and then she can't shift gears at all. Anyway, she loves the new Scoopy I got her. But you might want to check out the Honda dealer on Mahidol. They have a little 50cc Honda that you might be interested in. lol

My wife is only 1 cm taller than yours! LOL Where is the Honda dealer on Mahidol road? I don't remember seeing one there. It looks like the Scoopy might be today's Zoomer!

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_zoomer_2007.php

Edited by T_Dog

NO MORE CBR 150's

Ok, last week I sent an email to Honda asking 3 questions in regards to the future of the CBR's. Are they going to make a 150 F/I, a 200 F/I or bring back a new version of the 250. This morning I received an email from them with a phone number to call. I called, but had to put my wife on the phone since no one there spoke English. She asked them the same questions, and their response was, basically:

They are no longer making the CBR 150. They have no plans to come out with a 150 F/I, 200 or 250. They are only concentrating now on the PCX and Scoopy.

So, there is it straight from the "horse's mouth" so to speak.

NO MORE CBR 150's

Ok, last week I sent an email to Honda asking 3 questions in regards to the future of the CBR's. Are they going to make a 150 F/I, a 200 F/I or bring back a new version of the 250. This morning I received an email from them with a phone number to call. I called, but had to put my wife on the phone since no one there spoke English. She asked them the same questions, and their response was, basically:

They are no longer making the CBR 150. They have no plans to come out with a 150 F/I, 200 or 250. They are only concentrating now on the PCX and Scoopy.

So, there is it straight from the "horse's mouth" so to speak.

WOW. Thank you for the response to the questions nobody seemed to be able to answer. I am happy with my little bike and will keep it for as long as possible. Thanks once again for the answers.