How Many Fans Have You Been Through?

Clipped

been in thailand around 11 years now and im on my 4th fan, i dont usually turn the air on...unless im truly melting

been through mitsubishi, hatari, and now a tory.

the mitsubishi, stopped spinning, the hatari wore out a bearing, that ive been relubricating twice a week, but now its officially dead....hopefully this Tory will last a while.

this is kind of a stupid post, but i was just wondering what brand fan others use and how long they have lasted you, mines on almost 24 hours a day...each fan had about the same lifespan of 2.5 years.

Edited by Clipped

I've bought two Hatari fans in 2 1/2 years here. Unfortunately I kept knocking the first one over by accident, so eventually the top snapped off. I still use the fan, but it can no longer sit on it's stand... The second one is going strong after a year of use.

Bought two Hatari fans exactly 4 years ago. Use daily, and still going strong, except that my mid-height Hatari also broke where the sliding sleeve joins. Still usable, though (after wrapping bungee cords around it a few times to hold it together).

15 fans? either you have a really big house, really hot or really fat...j/k

3 bedrooms - 3 fans. 1 in the living room plus an ice box one. One in my study. 3-4years seems to be the average lifespan for my fans. 6 fans in the house.

been in thailand around 11 years now and im on my 4th fan, i dont usually turn the air on...unless im truly melting

the mitsubishi, stopped spinning, the hatari wore out a bearing, that ive been relubricating twice a week, but now its officially dead....hopefully this Tory will last a while.

this is kind of a stupid post, but i was just wondering what brand fan others use and how long they have lasted you, mines on almost 24 hours a day...each fan had about the same lifespan of 2.5 years.

Have you ever thought of buying another fan and giving them a bit of a break. 24hrs a day is a tad excessive. Any grease you had in the bearing is long gone by now

I have had an Imarflex fan for around 7 years, it broke on the neck soon after I bought it when a friend knocked it over, having repaired that I found the motor tight, I think mabe the armature was bent slightly when it fell, I decided to remoove it and file it, this worked fine as it then span freely, this fan has become like an old trusted friend, I will try to keep it going and get burried along with it if possible.

sawadee cap 'Clipped' , wht on earth have you got your fan on 24 hours a day :o , no wonder they are going bust. Maybe you should get out a bit and give your fans a break :D:D .